The 2010 Formula 1 Chat Thread.

Beavis

To say Schumi has past it then it really sums up your F1 :blink:

Been going to F1 races for over 20 years and not an armchair enthusiast :p

So whats the great Schumi done this year then so far? ;) When he wins this year i will eat my hat :lol:

Oh and i never said Red Bull will win i said should!!!If they throw their races away thats their problem. I am hoping Lewis wins and shows us why he is by far and away the best racer on the grid at the moment. :yahoo:

Anyone want to bet that Lewis has more points than Jenson come the last race? ;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats the great Schumi done this year then so far? ;) When he wins this year i will eat my hat :lol:

Oh and i never said Red Bull will win i said should!!!. I am hoping Lewis wins and shows us why he is by far and away the best racer on the grid at the moment. :yahoo:

What does 20 years experience amount too? :blink: ................. that you are the F1 oracle :lol:

Or that any other view or prediction is wrong :p

It a long season and i will personally buy you that hat - for humble pie when Schumi wins a race :teeth:

Anyway i disaggree that Lewis is the best driver on the F1 grid :scare: How did you arrive at this conclusion. The fact is he made a meal of winning his campionship and needed "help" from in Brazil to when. Remember how he choked the year before. And repeating you what has he done this season that puts him above all others. I will not deny that the boy has ball but thats it, the rest is overhype he is not the new schumi or senna :surrender:

Just to further my point, I can say this with 100% confidence that he will not win this race :drive1

It a long season and i will personally buy you that hat - for humble pie when Schumi wins a race :teeth:That wont happen

The fact is he made a meal of winning his campionship and needed "help" from in Brazil to when. Sorry dont understand this :wacko:

the rest is overhype he is not the new schumi or senna :surrender:Please dont put them in the same class. Senna was in a different league

Just to further my point, I can say this with 100% confidence that he will not win this race :drive1

He probably wont but he has the best chance of the rest ;)

Your point about Hamilton choking? It was his first year in F1 FFS!! Where he made a double word champion look very ordinary!! or were you a sleep in 2007?

So lets make it simple for you and see why i arrived at my conclusion. :p

First year in F1 2007 he went down by 1 point to Raikkonen.

Second year in F1 won the F1 2008 Championship.

Third year if the championship had started from June 2009 he would have won the champioship after the dog of a car he had been driving was sorted has he scored more points than anyone else.

Fourth year we will see.

Thats why i conclude that at the moment he his the best racer on the grid. What else do you expect him to do? Or is the above not good enough somehow in your eyes or is that just hype? :wacko:

And for the record his first three years in F1 is way better than the great Senna's or Schumacher's first three years or is that hype as well? ;)

So lets make it simple for you

First year in F1 2007 he went down by 1 point.

Second year won the F1 2008 Championship.

Third year if the championship had started from June 2009 he would have won the champioship after the dog of a car was sorted has he scored more points than anyone else.

Fourth year we will see.

Thats why i conclude that at the moment he his the best racer on the grid. What else do you expect him to do? Or is the above not good enough somehow in your eyes or is that just hype? :wacko:

Dave,

The when was supposed to read win :surrender: you know that Massa trounced lewis in 2008 and if not for his bad luck it should not have come to Brazil where if not of the mysterious slowing of Glock in the Toyota by 18s on the final lap so he could overtake and have the extra point of 5th place to win the champoinship by 1 point :scare:

Yes he when down by 1 point so did Alonso in a team that was waist deep in ferrari's secrets and favouring Lewis. FYI Alonso won 4 races like Lewis and his first 2 before lewis won. You would also have failed to notice that all his 4 wins happened from pole, 1 of which was inherited from Alonso due to being demoted ;) BTW Kimi had 6 wins!

as covered above.

Massa 6 wins Lewis 5 wins, Massa had 4 DNFs that season, a team mate to share points with (Kimi had 2 wins and 9 podiums in total) as opposed to Lewis who had Kovalainen as to babysit :surrender:

there is no ifs or buts thats why its a sport ;) i could make the same case for Kimi or anyone else. tyhe point is Ferrari and macca F&%ked up early in the season and caught up Brawn GP but did you see Button choke? I swear if roles where reversed Lewis would have thrown it away with his ham-fisted driving :p

3rd year in the same team. New teamate and 4 races in:

Lewis 49 pts Button 60 pts and the Best driver in the feild right now Vettel has 45pts from only 3 races , and 3 poles i may add ;) you should also take a look at his performance in 2009. He finished 2nd to Button with 84pts 4 wins 8 podiums out of 14 finishes just like Lewis :p

By contrast check out Alonso stats when he won his two champoinship. he actually fought for it and was a true champ in everyones eyes.

I can keep on bringing hard facts to show you why Lewis is overrated but i think the season will show it for itself. Button will cane him and Vettel will emerge the deserved winner if he continues like this and with luck because lewis has also enjoyed alot of that.

Anyone can look up F1 stats :lol:

Your first point about Glock slowing in Brazil is utter bollox, it was actually investigated and Toyota proved it by releasing the data.

Did i see Button choke in 2009? :lol:

Yes i did he never won one of the remaning 10 grand prix's last year after constantly blaming not been able to get heat into the tyres, but he was proved wrong because Rubens was still winning :p What sort of champion is that?

And Massa trounced Lewis in 2008? What about spa when Lewis did Raikkonen with a few laps to go in the rain only for Lewis to be stripped of the win which was utter bollox, Raikkonen binned it on the last lap, only for Massa to be gifted the win after been no where in the race. :surrender: The FIA did everything they could that year to stop Lewis and they still failed and he still won. It makes me so mad when people keep referring to winning by this 1 point when he was denied so many anyway :dry:

It makes me really mad but there is a huge army of Hamilton haters in this country you only have to visit planet F1 to see that i just dont get it. But may be i do and its nothing to do with his car or driving style ;)

I just dont see your so called hard facts that are supposed to show that he is overrated when his stats speak for themselves :wacko:

Ham fisted driver?, you would give anything to be anywhere as the same league has him ;)

Oh and i never said Red Bull will win i said should!!!. I am hoping Lewis wins and shows us why he is by far and away the best racer on the grid at the moment. :yahoo:

What does 20 years experience amount too? :blink: ................. that you are the F1 oracle :lol:

Or that any other view or prediction is wrong :p

It a long season and i will personally buy you that hat - for humble pie when Schumi wins a race :teeth:

Anyway i disaggree that Lewis is the best driver on the F1 grid :scare: How did you arrive at this conclusion. The fact is he made a meal of winning his campionship and needed "help" from in Brazil to when. Remember how he choked the year before. And repeating you what has he done this season that puts him above all others. I will not deny that the boy has ball but thats it, the rest is overhype he is not the new schumi or senna :surrender:

I will go halves on that hat! And 20 years of F1? That's cheating, I was only 4 then! :p We all talk about Schumacher being over the hill but what about some of those other epic world champions still in Formula 1 that really don't seem to be doing a lot...Alonso, Massa etc etc. I predict Schumacher to get into his stride this season and really shake things up, he has been consistent and if he gets a good start on the grid tomorrow he's going to be in a very good position.

We all talk about Schumacher being over the hill but what about some of those other epic world champions still in Formula 1 that really don't seem to be doing a lot...Alonso, Massa etc etc.

When did the "epic" Massa ever win the world championship? ;)

You are making your argument emotional mate :surrender: pipe down :snack:

I put up stats to back my point that he is not the best out there right now and vettel is :thumbs: And there is no doubt from these stats that Lewis's champoinship not all that special nor his performance sofar. This does not mean that he has not had some great races :thumbs:

Because he is british means he is saturated in our media which has created the hype but i think you should look at what the rest of the world thinks of him and the other drivers. have you looked up Vettel's history? it is more astonishing than lewis trust me!

You dismiss the Brazil incidence as a consipiracy why would i believe the frankly ridiculous FIA conspiracy theory of yours against Lewis. FIA was right in that spa incident when Lwis cheated by missing a chicane so as to carry all the speed in the following straight to overtake raikonen.

If he was that special how come he was languishing in 6th until Ron had to do the dirty work again to get results :teeth: .

Your argument for Button again like all the others is flawed. Button made the best of a good car to consolidate a good position and by mid season the others caught up and he just had to control without taking risks scoring no points. He still did what he had to do and scored points consistently including 2 podiums(1 one the last race) When he suffered a retirement in Spa he bounced back the following race to a 2nd place finish in Monza. Baricehello had to take all the risks just like vettel to catch Button and FYI the facts about don't add up: in the 9 last races button scored more points despite 1 DNF than Barichelo who had his only 2 wins of the season in that time so :surrender: So think again when you call out Button. :p

Finally you conclude by labelling me a Hamilton hater :scare: and how i would want to be him :surrender: How do you come up with such deductions mate :wacko:

I am not a professional racing driving and don't think i would have wanted to be one! i am a trainee cardiac surgeon and everyday i have the honour to be entrusted peoples lives and that is good enough for me.

I respect Lewis's achievements especially being a fellow black brother and i know how hard it is to get there but i really can't see why i have to like/hate him :shrug: It is my opinion that he is not the best driver other as you subjectively putate and i have put some facts to back me up but you seem to get hot under the collar and make a friendly exercise debate into an emotional affair.

Just like i said before at the end of the day you or me will be proven wrong or right and just laugh about it :p

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

I dont think i have ever read such rubbish in all my life especially the Button theory for not winning any of the remaining 10 races and for Ron for fixing it when he was in 6th place. :surrender:

Forget the argument mate we will have to agree to disagree :thumbs:

Where does it say i labelled you as an Hamilton hater? I was referring to the planet F1 forum members who pick on everything hamilton does in a similar way ;)

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

I dont think i have ever read such rubbish in all my life especially the Button theory for not winning any of the remaining 10 races and for Ron for fixing it when he was in 6th place. :surrender:

Forget the argument mate we will have to agree to disagree :thumbs:

Where does it say i labelled you as an Hamilton hater? I was referring to the planet F1 forum members who pick on everything hamilton does in a similar way ;)

You call it rubbish because its not your view mate but that is ok :p

As i said befiore the "arguments" is my view is just a friendly debate and nothing more :thumbs:

About hating or wanting to be Hamilton, i used "me" to refer to those who as you seem to suggest that if they don't think he is the best or "pick up on things he does in a similar way" must therefore hate him or be jealous of him :p

The bottom line is what we have forecasted for tomoro' race :teeth: and with Schumi winning a race this year. If lewis is the best or not the rest off the season will prove it objectively, same goes for Vettel . When all is said and done we can only measure these things objectively with hard facts and not with subjectivity or conjecture.

Schumi is the greatest driver of all time springs to mind as people could argue about this for years but the facts are he is 7 times world champoin and still living :dummy:

Can't wait for the race tomoro' :boxing:

Like i said earlier the Red Bulls should walk it its theirs to lose. My wish is for Hamilton to win as i think he as the best chance of the remainder. :)

Senna is the best i have seen in my lifetime. :#1:

I watched qualifying yesterday and thought they can make it so much more relevant and interesting by putting in real kerbs (you hit it, it hurts) at the corners so they can't go over the white lines that supposedly define the track, using the same tyres we can buy for road use and getting rid of all the hard run-off areas to be replaced with gravel, so if you can't keep it on the track you won't be finishing the race.

Monaco shouldn't really have F1 these days but other factors prevail. Will probably be a procession except for accidents which may mix it up a bit. If you think back to Mansell all over Senna a few years back when he was so much quicker and still couldn't get past.

I don't think Monaco will ever be taken off the calender... too many £££££ for Bernie !!!

The back of the grid may affect the final result... if they get in the way. It wont be long before Mr Webber is on them :drive1

I am also surprised the back end of the top ten shoot out yesterday did not come in and put harder tyres on with a minute or two to go. I don't think the softer tyres will last very long !!

Didn't expect Schumi to pass in ther last corner :thumbs: , and neither did Alonso :lol::lol::lol:

But now demoted to 12th. Damon Hill gets his revenge for Australia 94 :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 685542.stm

Appeal lodged - having seen Brawn's evidence of the green flag being shown after the white line and before Schuey crossed it, behind Alonso, it seems to me that the rule applied only applies if the safety car carries on past the chequered flag and yellow flags are being shown/waved. :surrender:

I think Schuey might still get another another over on Damon :shrug:

Didn't expect Schumi to pass in ther last corner :thumbs: , and neither did Alonso :lol::lol::lol:

But now demoted to 12th. Damon Hill gets his revenge for Australia 94 :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 685542.stm

Appeal lodged - having seen Brawn's evidence of the green flag being shown after the white line and before Schuey crossed it, behind Alonso, it seems to me that the rule applied only applies if the safety car carries on past the chequered flag and yellow flags are being shown/waved. :surrender:

I think Schuey might still get another another over on Damon :shrug:

I hope they do overturn it as it seems to be completely within the rules and more importantly those sort of things are what the sport needs, as in more excitement.

I also hope the appeal is successful because I get so tired of Ferrari getting things their own way all the time so it would be nice to see them get two fingers once in a while. Not to mention the fact that the most irritating sportsman on the planet also drives for them so it would be even nicer to see him told where to go for being completely out smarted. Rant over!