The WORST new Aston Martin EVER!

Anubis

Taken from PistonHeads: :scare::yuck:

23jsh9v.jpg

You really can buy an Aston Martin Cygnet if you don't own another Aston Martin. Well, you can't buy one in the U.S. But Aston is not limiting its leather-lined city car to the already fortunate. But Aston Martin's baby swan will have a price of £30,000 in Great Britain--about U.S. $45,000--which should limit its appeal to only the most well-heeled of car buyers.

Aston Martin made the announcement at its press conference for the Geneva Auto Show (open to the public March 4-14) and said that it hopes for sales to of 2,000 to 4,000, per year which should add to the company's bottom line but also raise lower its average carbon emissions. Aston Martin has been selling about 6,000 cars annually.

As we've noted before, the Aston Martin Cygnet is a Toyota iQ, though with a Aston-esque restlyed nose and more leather inside than a first baseman's mitt--and not a whole lot bigger. The Cygnet will use the 1.3-liter engine standard in the Toyota iQ--so much for that V-12 we were hoping for--with a choice of manual or automatic transmissions. Aston Martin calls it "tried and tested technology".

Holy Hell - wtf are Aston thinking of! Talk about cheapen a brand - what is it with these managers trying to cash in all the time!? :rant: First Porsche makes 4x4s, then an estate car that make Susan Boyle look like a playboy bunny - now Aston are making a box on wheels. :thumbdown:

ALWAYS stick to Ferrari's business model - determine how many models should be produced and take away one (hence you'll always be desirable by limiting numbers and not cheapening the brand).

I pity the fool who pays £30,000 for that ugly futhamucka! :yuck:

It's not worth the AM Keyfob that starts it; imagine saying you drive an Aston, then pulling up in that. :thumbdown:

Exactly!

It's like saying you own a Ferrari and you turn up in one of these:

FR7901%20-%20Ferrari%20F1%20Pedal%20Go%20Kart.jpg:lol:

Just 'cos it has the badge, doesn't mean it has the pedigree and magic.

I pity the fool who pays £30,000 for that ugly futhamucka! :yuck:

It's not worth the AM Keyfob that starts it; imagine saying you drive an Aston, then pulling up in that. :thumbdown:

Exactly!

It's like saying you own a Ferrari and you turn up in one of these:

FR7901%20-%20Ferrari%20F1%20Pedal%20Go%20Kart.jpg:lol:

Just 'cos it has the badge, doesn't mean it has the pedigree and magic.

:lol::lol:

This should have "Look everyone i'm a huge smug Tw@t" written all over it :bangin:

:lol::lol: let's face it, it's MOST UNLIKELY you'd ever feel smug driving this... until you pull up at the lights next to a G-Whizz. Yeah, buldge those biceps, check it :lol:

i wouldnt be dissing it so quickly ;) adding a small car to their solely fast car range fiddles with the companies CO2 image ;)

with this car in the line up the average CO2 of AM cars is lowered. this means they can spend less time ruining the good ones with CO2 reducing stuff.

:D

ALWAYS stick to Ferrari's business model - determine how many models should be produced and take away one (hence you'll always be desirable by limiting numbers and not cheapening the brand).

I hate to disappoint you, but ferrari are no better, i do believe they are doing something identical with a small fiat :lol:

must admit, i don't mind it, wouldn't pay £30,000 for one, but not bad.

most prestige brands your paying for the badge, so no difference here.

merc builds some nutter cars, and some sh1t little ones, doesn't mean they have diluted the water

i wouldnt be dissing it so quickly ;) adding a small car to their solely fast car range fiddles with the companies CO2 image ;)

with this car in the line up the average CO2 of AM cars is lowered. this means they can spend less time ruining the good ones with CO2 reducing stuff.

Also probably a smart move, as the Pup mentions and maybe say for one's wifey who's out cruising around the shops, needs a shopping roller skate. His 'n hers. :scare::lol: