Looking to buy a 350Z

hello boys & girls,

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions i might have as im looking to buy a 350Z within the next month or so.

I have just under £12000 to spend and iv seen a few cars being sold for that (around 03-05, 30,000-50,000 miles). which model should i be looking for (ie.GT?).

I commute about 80 miles per day for work, but as i drive a company car, the 350 z would be used just on the odd days.

whats the average mpg id be gettin on motorway driving and around towns?

any big services i should look out for?

difference within BHP with difference models?

i very much like to drive long journeys, but will occasionaly enjoy a good blast too, is the handling ok ?

any info you may be able to give me will be much appreciated.

Many thanks & Best Regards

Mass :wave:

Hi and welcome to the forum. The is a sticky post in the FAQ section for new members with some good links to get you started. :)

The car should cruise at about 32 mpg on motorways but you can seriously kill this figure for the more spirited stuff. The 350 is great for long journeys, no issues there.

Mpg depends on how you drive ............. I drive 23 miles to work mostly Mway and average 24.7 mpg @ 34 mph average ............you can get more if you go easy but that begs the question WHY ???

Ok the car isn't cheap to run but that is not why you buy it in the first place is it ?

I've had my car 6 years as a daily driver and I still look forward to the drive to work every day when the sun's shining

My advice is

BUY ONE AND ENJOY IT WHILST YOU CAN

Wel :wave: come to our club

PS ............................... plenty of nice cars for sale on here

hello boys & girls,

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions i might have as im looking to buy a 350Z within the next month or so.

I have just under £12000 to spend and iv seen a few cars being sold for that (around 03-05, 30,000-50,000 miles). which model should i be looking for (ie.GT?).

I commute about 80 miles per day for work, but as i drive a company car, the 350 z would be used just on the odd days.

whats the average mpg id be gettin on motorway driving and around towns?

any big services i should look out for?

difference within BHP with difference models?

i very much like to drive long journeys, but will occasionaly enjoy a good blast too, is the handling ok ?

any info you may be able to give me will be much appreciated.

Many thanks & Best Regards

Mass :wave:

:welcome:

try the search button, its dead easy :) all the info is there

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

The reason why we have ZEDs is that they are unquestionably one of the best drivers cars for the money. Don't worry about mpg, expecially if you are not doing high mileage - the whole point of owning one is the :D factor each you get in and drive it.

If you enjoy spirited driving you will not be disappointed and for £12k there are some good examples out there and some of the best will be from members on here who have a real passion for their motors and take that extra care in looking after them ;)

Welcome to the forum!

£12K should get you a nice car, there is lots of info on here about different specs so have a search through. If you want a UK car they only came in GT spec or not GT spec so there isn't too many options to worry about. Jap imports have many more options but can be equally as good. GT spec basically gets you leather seats, cruise control and an uprated (although still not great) Stereo.

personally I would get a nice Azure blue 54 reg GT with a low mileage... but I would say that....

To answer your questions...

whats the average mpg id be gettin on motorway driving and around towns? - you'll average mid 20s at a guess, less than 20 is possible in stop start town traffic, over 30 at constant motorway speed

any big services i should look out for? - Servicing isn't too bad, there are 3 levels of service P1, P2, P3. P3 being the most expensive. Depending who you go to the prices range from £150 to £400, which is a steal for a modern car with this sort of performance! There is no cambelt to worry about as its chain driven.

difference within BHP with difference models? - 3 different BHP levels, its been covered several times in the last couple of weeks, have a look...

i very much like to drive long journeys, but will occasionaly enjoy a good blast too, is the handling ok ? - yes, the handling is excellent, bear in mind it is a big car though, if you are coming from an Elise it will feel a smidge blunt and heavy. If you are coming from a estate it will be wonderful! Lots of feedback and very controlable at the limit if thats your thing

Many thanks for all your replies which are very helpful.

you all seem like a great bunch of guys and look forward to joining you in becoming a 350z owner very soon.

No dought that i'll pop on soon which further questions i will have :)

Thanks again.

Mass :thumbs:

Hi and welcome to the forum. The is a sticky post in the FAQ section for new members with some good links to get you started. :)

The car should cruise at about 32 mpg on motorways but you can seriously kill this figure for the more spirited stuff. The 350 is great for long journeys, no issues there.

i can vouch for being good for long journeys , i done a 8 hour drive in mine last saturday :snack: