Dislikes and regrets

srobrien

my biggest regret when I had the z was not going to more meets especially the wales meet when I had the black z :blush:

By more do you mean ANY? :lol:

Hey, hey, he did JapFest once :p

My biggest regret was doing some mods that werent reversible, and getting my Recaro's vs retrimming the standard seats. But thats only lost me a few hundred quid on trade in and I've had so much fun with the car, club and meets that I dont care. Wont be doing the same with the new one :teeth:

You getting a new car Chris ?. You kept that a secret :lol:;):p

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my biggest regret when I had the z was not going to more meets especially the wales meet when I had the black z :blush:

Well i did try to get you to go ;) But we got Nixy there in the end after we reassured her that we were not a bunch of internet weirdo's. I cant say the same for members that have joined in the past year though :lol:

Well i did try to get you to go ;) But we got Nixy there in the end after we reassured her that we were not a bunch of internet weirdo's. I cant say the same for members that have joined in the past year though :lol:

myself, husky, tarmac and biscuit resemble that remark :lol:

myself, husky, tarmac and biscuit resemble that remark :lol:

Dont tar yourself with their brush :lol:

No real regrets so far...

I spent my entire budget on mine (even added £500 to it)...and stuck to my desired criteria; low mileage as possible, closest to the early 2006 high tax cut off as I dared and had to be a GT with Rays.

I'd have gone for Black, but having had a black MR2 and a silver MR2 I know that I was never happy with how the black one looked. As said, silver cars look better when dirty and as a bonus they seemed to be around £1k less than similar spec black models.

Dislikes...

It's running RE040s...they're crap and if it's less than 3°C out I'm very scared of them! I can't wait to change them!

Cabin rattles...I thought my MR2 was bad, this car has 4 unidentifiable rattles going on (double that of my MR2 which had a couple). :lol:

Because it's bigger and more than my previous cars, it feels slower than I expected for a car with this power & torque. A quick look at the speedo always confirms that isn't the case though!! :teeth:

Seven months of ownership and I still love it. Walk out the house in the morning, see the car and smile :teeth: The only thing I could class as a dislike is the crap weather prevents me from driving as much as I like! Boot lid often hits me on the head as well but can't blame the car as it has an nismo spoiler so the boot struts needs uprating. The frozen solid windows is a bit of an inconvenience some morning (quickly learned not to leave the de-icer in the car :lol: ) and once I couldnt even open the door as it was frozen solid :scare:

I use it as my daily driver (70 miles a day) and except for the odd day when the snow was just not worth risking, its been a great drive. I wasn't expecting it but found that its also a pleasure to take on long runs. Did a 300 mile round rip on monday and enjoyed the whole drive (except for the bloody M5!)

Cheers

Dave

Honestly not much...

1). wish I joined the forum sooner to learn about the skipping Bose etc.

2). wish I held off 2 years as I paid top dollar for my 2004 GT.

I've never owned a car for so long; every time I sit in it (without turning the key) it feels special. I can't think of another car right now that I would prefer for a similar price. It would take a 996 GT3 to tempt me away...

And saving v hard for a house… The GT3 is a dream at the moment!

Keep enjoying chaps :#1:

Matt

Cheeky sod :p

2). wish I held off 2 years as I paid top dollar for my 2004 GT.

I've never owned a car for so long; every time I sit in it (without turning the key) it feels special. I can't think of another car right now that I would prefer for a similar price. It would take a 996 GT3 to tempt me away...

We could all say the same about holding off due to the price issue - i've lost a small fortune i reckon BUT the two and a half years of driving it was worth every penny. Its also the car i've kept the longest and I still love just as much.

Dislike: Windows steaming up all the time

Just leave the aircon all all the time - they're fine then!

It's ok Vik meeting Beavis was way scarier than meeting you! Having said that, he didn't come round with his washing and a bottle of jack like you did on the hoon! :lol:

It's ok Vik meeting Beavis was way scarier than meeting you! Having said that, he didn't come round with his washing and a bottle of jack like you did on the hoon! He also didn't throw wine all over the carpet :lol:

EFA

i regret in a way buying the first zed i came across also even though it was a great spec at a price i could afford at the time, i got every problem going skipping bose, left speaking cutting out, boot that wouldnt stay up, clicking rear axle, a clutch and flywheel that only lasted three months after gettin the zed and the paintwork was in a real bad way with the engine bay being disgusting but now she's a totally different Zed gone with all those problems way behind me :teeth:

and with a engine bay from this

DSC00348.jpg

to this

phonepics005.jpg

thats the one matey, ive got all the magazines as well that it was in, expensive they were through ebay but worth reading it

I think it's cool you've got the evo car. Got the magazines it features in still too! :thumbs:

Web link for people who don't know what we're talking about - http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolong ... _350z.html

That's the first one, more links to the other editions below the story.