Admiral hassle!

v3euk

Picking up my 350Z next week, so phoned up to sort my insurance, did a quote online, admiral were the cheapest, was with them anyway. And they said they couldn't insure me because i was 20, even though i had a quote with my exact details online. I explained the situation, and the guy on the phone said he'd talk to his manager.. waited 30 mins.. no call. Ring the help line, and the message was something along the line of "There has been an emergency evacuation of the building", checked the website and they actually close customer service at 5pm. So i rang up another line that closed at 8pm, they couldn't help, then finally got through to someone helpful and managed to get it all sorted. Just some advice, if you're 20 and considering admiral, do expect alot of trouble, and make sure you have an online quote reference to prove they quoted you! - not that i can complain, as they were half the price of anywhere else, but alot of hassle.

Worst thing is, i've bought the car purely because i knew i could get the insurance, was well stressed thinking i wouldn't insure it, but really with a quote they had to insure me all along. One good point was the call centre was english!

Worst thing is, i've bought the car purely because i knew i could get the insurance, was well stressed thinking i wouldn't insure it, but really with a quote they had to insure me all along. One good point was the call centre was english!

been in that situation mate, makes you clench a bit

How you finding the zed Maz?

Did Admiral charge you extra for your rims?

Loving every minute im driving mate! still waiting on the novelty to wear off :p

and yeah they charged almost a hundred extra for the rims, but better safe than sorry!

i'm an admiral cheap skate as well

+1 - both our cars are with them. Going to try Chris Knott next time as I hear good things, and not the missus can get insured with them, I'm looking for good things. If not it will be with Admiral again. I have had a couple of claims with them over the years - non of them my fault - and they have been very helpful :thumbs:

I'll be with Admiral come Thursday as that's when my ultra expensive Direct Line policy ends. Didn't have any trouble with them in the slightest. Sucks you didn't find them as easy to deal with :( Then again, insuring a 350z if you're only 20 will mean it will most likely be either a right faff, expensive, or both. Hope you get it sorted though :thumbs:

I'll be looking at Chris Knott as well next year - by the time i had got to admiral, I had already gotten quotes off about 20 different companies and just couldn't be bothered with it any more!

im 20 looking to get a 350z to replace my s2000 , admiral have quoted me 1100 on a low mileage scheme or 1600 for any mileage fully comp , i phoned them to make sure this was correct as it seemed a bit cheap considering its 3grand third party for my s2k but the guy was fine and sed that its correct i hope i dont get hassle after i have went and bought a 350z because evry other insurer is 3grand+ fully comp

im 20 looking to get a 350z to replace my s2000 , admiral have quoted me 1100 on a low mileage scheme or 1600 for any mileage fully comp , i phoned them to make sure this was correct as it seemed a bit cheap considering its 3grand third party for my s2k but the guy was fine and sed that its correct i hope i dont get hassle after i have went and bought a 350z because evry other insurer is 3grand+ fully comp

As long as the operator can give you a quote through their systems, it should be fine, but for some reason it was giving them errors because i wasn't 21, even though the online quote didn't mention anything about being 21. If i do a quote for a Z4 and alot of other cars i simply don't get a quote. Was very strange. Good luck finding a 350z, and hope you don't get any of this hassel when you do!

As long as the operator can give you a quote through their systems, it should be fine, but for some reason it was giving them errors because i wasn't 21, even though the online quote didn't mention anything about being 21. If i do a quote for a Z4 and alot of other cars i simply don't get a quote. Was very strange. Good luck finding a 350z, and hope you don't get any of this hassel when you do!

sounds like you are looking at the same kinda cars as me m8 i was looking at the z4 coz i wrote my s2k off so was gona get another convertible but th z4's performance is beyond poor so defo gona get a 350z just waitn to find the right one which im finding dificult at th moment :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...

how did you guys at 20 get insured? or how much did it cost?

i bought my 350 2 weeks ago and its just sitting outside lol....costs £2114 with admiral if i insure now.

I turn 21 in 4 weeks and it will drop to £1400...

it looks like im gunna have to wait those long weeks before getting to drive it!

did you get a quote on their site directly or use moneysupermarket?

:( :(

i'm an admiral cheap skate as well

+1 - both our cars are with them. Going to try Chris Knott next time as I hear good things, and not the missus can get insured with them, I'm looking for good things. If not it will be with Admiral again. I have had a couple of claims with them over the years - non of them my fault - and they have been very helpful :thumbs:

I finish with Admiral today on both our cars. Made a huge mistake of opting for their multi-car "deal" which basically means they hook both your cars so they can up the joint premium (compared to the last renewals individually) by over £200. :dry:

As loyalty no longer counts these days in the insurance business (it seems), by shopping around and bearing this forum in mind, Chris Knott, or more specifically Paul in the office, has sorted out 2 new policies with the insurance for the 370 + mods coming to not much over £400 (mods are type for type replacement). As I don't have a garage and live on the outskirts of London and the 370 is a a Group 19E, seems a fair price I could have got a mariginal further saving elsewhere but as the forum will benefit and I have had good reports of no issues when you need to add further mods, I am now with 'Highway' who are part of Liverpool and Victoria from tomorrow and they have been around forever :thumbs:

So........

you called "Admiral"...

Got a "Major" pain in the butt....

But "General"-ly, it was ok...

Now you get to enjoy your Zed in "Private" and be the "Captain" of the roads...

Yeah, feeling a bit silly today, lol

Long day chap? Go play with your foam lance ;):thumbs:

Colin - did you do a requote on Admiral or just get the renewal through? Renewals from them suck, I always do a requote and it comes back down again. Last time I called them to moan, got a very nice South African man (dont worry he wasnt dodgy!) who cut it even futher as a "sorry". Will be giving CK a go this time though.

So........

you called "Admiral"...

Got a "Major" pain in the butt....

But "General"-ly, it was ok...

Now you get to enjoy your Zed in "Private" and be the "Captain" of the roads...

Yeah, feeling a bit silly today, lol

Long day chap? Go play with your foam lance ;):thumbs:

Colin - did you do a requote on Admiral or just get the renewal through? Renewals from them suck, I always do a requote and it comes back down again. Last time I called them to moan, got a very nice South African man (dont worry he wasnt dodgy!) who cut it even futher as a "sorry". Will be giving CK a go this time though.

I did the comparison bit and Bell (part of Admiral) came beak with fairly competitive numbers but having previously got some figures from CK and for me, the ability to talk through the details with a known and trusted broker who has helped many members on here, made my decision that more easier. ;)

Frankly I get peed off that loyalty no longer counts these days in so many walks of life and you have to waste time scratching around to get sensible deals. So I usually don't bother trying to haggle with companies that don't bother to be competitive from the off, and move on..... :dry:

Frankly I get peed off that loyalty no longer counts these days in so many walks of life and you have to waste time scratching around to get sensible deals. So I usually don't bother trying to haggle with companies that don't bother to be competitive from the off, and move on..... :dry:

I know what you mean bud. Unfortunately for me Admiral were still the cheapest I could use as Amanda wasnt over 25 at the time. I do wonder how many people just let the renewal roll on :headhurt: