Look what the carwash did to my CAR!

andlid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see this mate, hope they reimburse you. Must be gutting

rule 1: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE AN AUTOMATIC CAR WASH OF ANY DESCRIPTION ON YOUR ZED

rule 2: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET THOSE T**TS WITH THE SANDPAPER SPONGES ANY WHERE NEAR YOUR CAR

my god people, your paying them to damage your car, i'd rather let it stay dirty :bang:

Exactly why mine has stayed dirty for a couple of months. Yes a couple of months! At least when I get out this weekend and clean it, I can take the dirt off nice and gently and not do it any damage. I'd much rather have layers of dirt on there than take it to any kind of carwash and let someone else inflict swirls and scratches on it.

+1. Washing my car completely murders my back. The last time i washed it, wait for it, in september (!) i had to work from home for the next week as i couldnt physically walk :surrender:

It needs washing before the KK meet tomorrow, and i dont know what to do... take it to my local scratch wash, or risk serious injury... :byebye:

Andlid, feel for you mate that is horrible.

Exactly the same thing happened to me Jan 09, it also damaged my wheel and my ings +1 nose, It was at a shell garage which was run by the co-op. I went in and requested the customer services number and took pics of the car and damage. I rang them and explained and after being passed around by loads of people i was given an address of their insurer's and told to write to them. I said this wasnt good enough and insisted for the number to call them on which they refused so i hung up and left it an hour or so. I then called back briefly explained the situation and said i had accidently deleted the number i was given for the insurance company and the assistant happily read it off and gave it me :D . I spoke to the insurance company and raised a claim they said they would contact the garage for information and would be in touch. A few weeks later i recieved a letter telling me the accident had not been logged and there was not enough evidence to validate a claim. I said this wasnt on and told them i would gather more proof. I went to the garage and spoke to the guy i originaly reported it to and the manager and refreshed their memory and also said that it hadnt been logged and asked why, they appologised and reported it. I then rang the insurance company and told them i had photos and had spoken to the garage and that it was now reported and told them who i had spoken to. The next morning i got a call saying the claim was accepted and to get some quotes for the repair, i got 3 different quotes and in the end i got the whole front end re-sprayed and all the damage repaired :thumbs:

I dont normally put my car through carwashes as i hate them but i was about to go to the falklands for 4 months and wanted to get all the salt off it !!!!

The Z is now fully detailed and wrapped up for the winter

Coops :thumbs:

Hi Mate

I feel for u, that would make my balls drop if i did that. I personally get too much pleasure washing her myself, no way would i go thro a car wash or get someone to wash her. Good luck with getting some kind or compensation,

all the best

D :bang:

Thanks for 'some' of the support and a further stamp that I was an eejit in the first place taking it to a carwash... having that said here is the latest update:

Went and spoke to the assistant manager at the garage, she looked at the car for 5 seconds and then said the'd fax off the form (accident form I believe) to the insurance company and they will call me back early next week... so fingers crossed this all ends well, at least she didn't fob me off :thumbs:

Thanks for 'some' of the support and a further stamp that I was an eejit in the first place taking it to a carwash... having that said here is the latest update:

Went and spoke to the assistant manager at the garage, she looked at the car for 5 seconds and then said the'd fax off the form (accident form I believe) to the insurance company and they will call me back early next week... so fingers crossed this all ends well, at least she didn't fob me off :thumbs:

That sounds promising mate, hope they don't take too long and get the claim processed as soon as.

i haven't washed mine since jan 1st,

i occassionally use the place near me, but they are very good, all i have to do is ask them to use fresh wool mittens.

they've even said if i bring my own stuff they'll use it on my car for me.

one of the blokes that washes it, loves the car, treats it like his own

i haven't washed mine since jan 1st,

i occassionally use the place near me, but they are very good, all i have to do is ask them to use fresh wool mittens.

they've even said if i bring my own stuff they'll use it on my car for me.

one of the blokes that washes it, loves the car, treats it like his own

No places like that here, found some polish guys that where really good but they went downhill! Mine wasnt (and still ain't) washed since November...

i'm waiting to do a full strip back prime, clay, and re wax,

half term is a week away, and the car will get a full clean then, by me.

the hand wash place is an emergency wash only situation

Sorry, but I would replace emergency with brainless - the only alternative to me washing/cleaning my car would be to give it to a professional detailer :surrender:

Sorry, but I would replace emergency with brainless - the only alternative to me washing/cleaning my car would be to give it to a professional detailer :surrender:

agreed :thumbs: maybe another OCD zedder aswell :teeth:

if they changed the water and are using fresh sheepskin wash mits, then its no bloody different from me doing it. :shrug: