Debadging

Nuno

I have removed the 350z badges easily but I'm struggling with the nissan badge. I have heated it up with a hairdryer and tried taking it off with cotton thread and dental floss but the threads keep breaking on the nissan badge. Is there anything else I can use instead that will take it off easily without damaging the paintwork.

I bought these from ebay to replace them with if anyone wants some, were around £40 inc postage for a pair and arrived within 4 working days....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 3257wt_935

If you don't have fishing wire to hand, then dental floss works just as well.

I have heated it up with a hairdryer and tried taking it off with cotton thread and dental floss

:p

It does take a bit of patience. I wasn't and scratched mine to buggery and needed chipsaway to come and rectify it at £120 :dry:

does removing the rear nissan badge leave any marks or indentation? or is it flush once removed?

Mine's a roadster so it was smooth no holes when i took the rear badge off, i did contemplate whether to put the badge on or not. the front had two small tabs sticking out in the recess

• 3 weeks later...
It has two holes on the boot.

?? So what are people doing about the holes when the badge is removed?

They need filling :)

mmmmmm...we're getting in to territory where this is looking beyond me. How does one go about filling holes? To give you an idea on my car DIY levels, my garage changes my wipers when needed. :thumbs:

It has two holes on the boot.

?? So what are people doing about the holes when the badge is removed?

They need filling :)

mmmmmm...we're getting in to territory where this is looking beyond me. How does one go about filling holes? To give you an idea on my car DIY levels, my garage changes my wipers when needed. :thumbs:

Would be a paint shop job :) Not the kind of thing I would attempt myself tbh