winter modding

rtbiscuit

with the weather not being so great, i've tried to use the weekends over the last 2 weeks to do some mods to the car, most of the parts have been sat in the garage or the house for months, as i've not got round to doing them.

apologies in advance for the bad lighting, but on both days, by the time i had finished the light had faded and taking pics wasn't easy.

also apologies for the mess my car is in at the moment, the camera seems to have shown up all the dirt and dust, its in desperate need of a good clean inside as its filthy.

First up was an easy one: Richbrook Anti theft valve caps.

i got these ready to go with my wheel nuts, ready for my wheel refurb, but i thought what the hell and put them on now. these are the best i've seen as they don't have an allen key grub screw in them, and if you try to remove them without the tool the sleeve just spins on its own

P1010121.jpg

P1010122.jpg

i got this engine cooling panel ages ago second hand, and its been sat for ages waiting to go on. its a little worn in places, i gave it a good going over with some autosol, but i think it might get the vinyl treatment later in the year to hide the tired marks on it.

P1010123.jpg

P1010124.jpg

Next up was my CG Lock, which i got from paul, been wanting one for ages, i got it and then took 2 months to get round to fitting it :blush: must admit, i've been really impressed with it. can use it casually or really pull the belt tight and it has kept my backside pinned into the back of the chair. very clever little bit of kit.

P1010126.jpg

and last but not least my handbrake, another richbrook item, perfect fit after a little alteration, feels really nice and matches my nismo titanium gear knob well, photo isn't great and doesn't really flatter the setup, but it has also mean ti could use my gear gaitor properly at last.

P1010127.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010129.jpg

when summer comes, or a nice sunny day, i'll clean the car and get some proper pics done. but i'd rather wait till i get the last few bits done like my wheels and door handles first.

hopefully next weekend i will be doing carbon plenums and engine covers.

Nice work on the handbrake. Whos guide did you follow?

Glad to see my CGlock has finally been put to good use!!! Old ones are great but new ones are even better :)

Just a question but why have you got an ice scraper? Shocking things... Turn up heat and wait till it clears... scrapers just scratch your glass and then wear away your wipers :angry:

Glad to see my CGlock has finally been put to good use!!! Old ones are great but new ones are even better :)

Just a question but why have you got an ice scraper? Shocking things... Turn up heat and wait till it clears... scrapers just scratch your glass and then wear away your wipers :angry:

Jeeze ...didnt realise it was possible to scratch the glass...

Jeeze ...didnt realise it was possible to scratch the glass...

Why not, its only glass :wacko:

i do want a new one, and when i get one i'll put the old one on the passenger side.

as for guides to follow i used the one from andyzed

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25166&hilit=handrake+mod

Handbrake makes a nice match to the gearknob :thumbs:

Amazing how a small mod can change things, and this one you get to see and "feel" on a daily basis as opposed to something like rear LEDs which I never see the benefits but I'm sure brings a little pleasure to those behind my rear :lol:

First up was an easy one: Richbrook Anti theft valve caps.

i got these ready to go with my wheel nuts, ready for my wheel refurb, but i thought what the hell and put them on now. these are the best i've seen as they don't have an allen key grub screw in them, and if you try to remove them without the tool the sleeve just spins on its own

P1010121.jpg

I had these fitted to my boxster but someone eventually nicked them, they must have had pliers or something :angry:

how did you get the ring on the handbrake that the gaiter sits on to wind on to the handbrake? where i had to cut the slot in the handbrake theres not enough room to screw on the riing and tighten the grub screws!

not 100% sure what you mean.

my top grub screw goes through the gaitor ring, the hand brake cover and into the original handbrake where i drilled and tapped a threaded hole into first.