Autosocks for snow driving - any good

Toon Chris

I'm sure someone on here was looking at getting some at beginning og winter (possibly Husky?) but found that the widest they did wouldn't cover the rear wheel.

yeah it was me, i was hovering over the order button until i found they dont do them for the size i have on my 19's i think they had the sizes for the stock rays though :) biggest they make if i recall. they do look really good :)

They seem to be a good idea, I might get some!

Paul S had some on the other site to fit 18" I think..

He said he had tried them and thought they were a great bit of kit. Gone 370z now and they wont fit the new wheels!

Has he contacted them? They seem to go right up to 275/40 R20 now, and use the same model code for wider wheels right down to 15". They seem to be fairly generic, mostly based on how wide the wheel is. IIRC the 370z GT wheel is a 275/X R19? Might just be able to get some to fit. I certainly hope so if its going to snow again next year ;)

EDIT: Husky, try emailing them, they seem to do a "high performance size" but its out of stock, goes up to wide 20" wheels now

They seem to be a good idea, I might get some!

Paul S had some on the other site to fit 18" I think..

He said he had tried them and thought they were a great bit of kit. Gone 370z now and they wont fit the new wheels!

Has he contacted them? They seem to go right up to 275/40 R20 now, and use the same model code for wider wheels right down to 15". They seem to be fairly generic, mostly based on how wide the wheel is. IIRC the 370z GT wheel is a 275/X R19? Might just be able to get some to fit. I certainly hope so if its going to snow again next year ;)

EDIT: Husky, try emailing them, they seem to do a "high performance size" but its out of stock, goes up to wide 20" wheels now

brilliant mate, cheers. the list i saw didn't have 275 on :)

They *look* like a good idea. I may invest in a pair for the rears to see if they allow the Zed to get more rear traction in snow. I've not had any steering issues yet - but getting any rear power/traction in certain snow conditions is almost impossible in the Zed :scare: or should that be :teeth: ?

• 10 months later...

true, but where i live is all little roads until you get out onto the main roads, and i had a bump last year at < 5mph due to snow, and im a little worried now I have a zed lol.

If it gives you a little grip then i'm thinking it may be worth it if its only to just get out of the smaller roads and onto the mains..

true, but where i live is all little roads until you get out onto the main roads, and i had a bump last year at < 5mph due to snow, and im a little worried now I have a zed lol.

If it gives you a little grip then i'm thinking it may be worth it if its only to just get out of the smaller roads and onto the mains..

But then you will have to stop and take them off won't you?

I reckon useful in Sweden or somewhere like that but not over here...

you not going to get any for the front as well?

Shame they can't make them look a little more aspethically pleasing :p or atleast a nicer colour lol

I don't think u need all four corners..i'm sure i read it somewhere that u only need to fit them to whichever wheel the car drives. I assume that u fit them to the rear wheels if it's a rear wheel drive car. :thumbs:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... ow%20Socks

But then you will have to stop and take them off won't you?

I reckon useful in Sweden or somewhere like that but not over here...

I think its like a get me home type thing. If you want to keep driving your zed in winter, get winter tyres. It the only real option.