Heavy Condensation

Daverich2007

Yep, air-con needs to be on all the time, especially with no windows open.

The condensation is also believed to be responsible for the Bose skipping issue - I certainly found that in both my previous ZEDs as the Bose was fine in summer so the drier you can keep the inside the better ;)

All the condensation is water vapour from your breath, so you could try not breathing while driving - that should do the trick

or as said aircon on (will dry out the air) or try turning the recycle off so its draws air from outside and put on the fan , it will only form up until the glass temp increases or the moisture is removed from the air

If you have got condensation, removing the floor mats and the boot mat and drying them inside for a bit will help... Also when you turn the heat on and recirc on to get rid of the condensation, open a window a little when driving for the moisture to go somewhere...

Also it has been discussed that the a/c can auto revert to recirc rather than out / in when you go to the defrost setting... something to do with holding the centre and left buttons in for a few seconds till the light blinks... think it does it on the 08's on but it may do it on the 03+

Also it has been discussed that the a/c can auto revert to recirc rather than out / in when you go to the defrost setting... something to do with holding the centre and left buttons in for a few seconds till the light blinks... think it does it on the 08's on but it may do it on the 03+

Hold the recirc/fresh air button down til both lights flash twice at the same time, that sets it to auto :thumbs: (works on my 53 plate so I assume all UK cars will do it, most likely JDM too)

On mine aircon comes on automatically on demist, its common on many cars at least the zed tells you! Aircon condenses water out of air before it goes thru heater matrix I believe. That way its dry warm air so clears screen quicker

Other thing you can get if it is persistent is get a small dehumidifier bag. I stick one in the zed when leaving it for a while to stop moisture build up.

That's a great tip about holding down the recirc/fresh air button ... I will have to give that a go first thing tomorrow ...

It's brilliant what you can learn from this site :thumbs:

+1 .....don't think that's in the book!

Firstly, when the aircon is on make sure you do NOT have the recirc on - it keeps the moisture in the cabin and doesn't get rid of it. You need air from the outside to replace the moist air with clean air.

Secondly, make sure the drainage tube from the aircon is not blocked. If the unit cannot get rid of the fluid it creates from removing it from the air, it recirculates it regardless of the setting.

Finally, check you don't have a leak somewhere in the boot. Generally I would leave the A/C on all the time, on auto and simply move the temperature gauge as you need to. :thumbs:

That's a great tip about holding down the recirc/fresh air button ... I will have to give that a go first thing tomorrow ...

It's brilliant what you can learn from this site :thumbs:

+2 now set up, cheers

PS if you have a poundland near you they sell a larger version of the silca granuals in a sort of Tupperware box with a grill on top used for homes with codensation problems but a good way to help sort your problem out

i used to have this problem and left the AC on all the time

but now i just leave it off and make sure the air is recycling and fan is always on, even if its low

dont get any condensation regardless of which vents are open, which temparature its set and and the weather

+1 on silica gel packs.

Been using them whilst its snow bound to keep it free of damp.

If you think you have a leak try vaseline on the rubber seal that runs round doors / boot. Old trick for sunroof leaks - might do the trick tempraryly.