snow troubles

Marios

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've used my zed for work the past two days...to say it's been interesting weather to get to know the car in is an understatement!!

In my MR2 I used to get much more traction with the weight over the rear, plus there was the added bonus that stacking the car into a kerb wouldn't have bothered me too much...I had cheapie rims on and spares are abundant, especially this time of year!!

In the zed I don't feel as much in control...it's a bigger, heavier car and it's either being bogged down by the ESP or trying to spin me round with the ESP off!! At the end of my road I have to turn right onto a slight incline and I've struggled on this both days.

It's same every time it snows, sidestreets are a nightmare but once you get onto a clear main road there's no problem at all...and by that time the seats have warmed up!! :D

Was it the MR2 roadster? I remember mine being pretty good in the snow too but one ice so deadly and 1 winter took me an hour to get it up the slight incline to my drive!

The Zed was ok in the snow but again slight inclines seem to defeat it especially with speed bumps underneath the snow :bang:

I've used my zed for work the past two days...to say it's been interesting weather to get to know the car in is an understatement!!

In my MR2 I used to get much more traction with the weight over the rear, plus there was the added bonus that stacking the car into a kerb wouldn't have bothered me too much...I had cheapie rims on and spares are abundant, especially this time of year!!

In the zed I don't feel as much in control...it's a bigger, heavier car and it's either being bogged down by the ESP or trying to spin me round with the ESP off!! At the end of my road I have to turn right onto a slight incline and I've struggled on this both days.

It's same every time it snows, sidestreets are a nightmare but once you get onto a clear main road there's no problem at all...and by that time the seats have warmed up!! :D

Was it the MR2 roadster? I remember mine being pretty good in the snow too but one ice so deadly and 1 winter took me an hour to get it up the slight incline to my drive!

The Zed was ok in the snow but again slight inclines seem to defeat it especially with speed bumps underneath the snow :bang:

Nope...mine's a Mk2;

100_0606.jpg

They're suprisingly easy to control in the snow and I'm tempted to use it instead of the Z while the weather's like this, but I'm just loving the Z too much!! :teeth:

I managed to get stuck on Dewsbury Rd in Leeds. The camber of the road and a slight incline meant my back end didn't want to leave the curb. At one point I was driving (drifting) sideways across two lanes with the back tyres bouncing off the curb. To make things worse the buses were out and they weren't stopping for anything so I had a few near misses. I should mention that I finished work at 7AM after a night shift so the roads were freshly covered as it started coming down here at 6AM.

Had a couple of other incidents but nothing worth mentioning, standard stuff. Luckily my mate was about to help everytime I got stuck as we were on a mission to find a big empty space to play which we found. Only issue... the snow was far too deep for my zed, even the 4WD Scoobie was defeated.

Vid and pics included, listen for him destroying his alloy against a concrete block when he loses control. Wheel needed to be taken off before we could move on. Mine wouldn't even move in this snow which isn't hard to imagine since it was deep enough for me to plough it up.

375 376 377

i had an interesting trip back from Ellesmere Port to Mold very very bad conditions, i live on top of a hill so i decided after sliding sideways down the approach to the start of the journey up to my village to ditch the zed in the pub car park, i would never have got up so didnt want to risk it there were people sliding back down and the zed is not worth risking.

I ll pick it up when i can actually get down my road which maybe a couple of days as its still snowing, ah well looks like no work tomorrow :shrug:

the weather has been pissing me off now, i have little mods stacking up in the garage and its to frickin cold to get them on :yawn:

I took the same approach as a couple of you, left work early so I was home by 4.30 and it was only starting to sleet then and I'd taken the girlfriends car as well. We've already got 6 inches and apparently it's going to snow here for another 20hours yet!!!

Think I'll be working from home....

Got caught in the snow tonight and the Z was utter useless. For the first time ever I hated the car and was tempted to just dump it. Even sh1te vans were making the snow easier work than me. :angry:

winter tyres to the rescue i think next year, seeing as we are clearly being done in by global warming it can only get worse

Got caught in the snow tonight and the Z was utter useless. For the first time ever I hated the car and was tempted to just dump it. Even sh1te vans were making the snow easier work than me. :angry:

winter tyres to the rescue i think next year, seeing as we are clearly being done in by global warming it can only get worse

You're prob right, as ever more hits on the wallet!

We had 7 inches of snow last night. I dont know what all the fuss is about. I got to work and only 3 others turned up...! In the whole building of 120 people, there were only 15 of us in... so we had a mass snowball fight.

The boss emailed in and let us leave early, so i was drifting round our car park on my own for 20mins... it was fantastic. (and glad im in my bmw now and not the zed!)

Someone made a MASSIVE snowman too...!

104_1399.jpg

104_1405.jpg

photo.jpg

Isn't it fascinating how the snow forms over the cars. R800NER's Z in particular, over the glass and different panels.

look how much is in the wing mirror :scare:

Yeah agree ! Not sure this is going to be much use either is it? :surrender:

EwXjNC9sDZ.jpg

What really gets me (maybe I'm just turning into a moaning old man?)

When the cars covered in lovely soft snow, you see the kids in the street going along the walls and the ground with their gloves.......

Then, straight onto the bonnet of you're pride and joy with their grit covered gloves :yuck:

I took my car to work in the snow before christmas and it wasn't too bad. Even got a chance to have a play in the works car park.

Z is at home today though. Only a slight incline on my road but it's mega icey and I remember last year not being able to move away from the kerb because of the camber. Decided to not even attempt it this time.

Got to remember as well. It's not just whether you can drive it in the snow. It's all the other numptys on the road who don't leave enough time for braking etc!

What really gets me (maybe I'm just turning into a moaning old man?)

When the cars covered in lovely soft snow, you see the kids in the street going along the walls and the ground with their gloves.......

Then, straight onto the bonnet of you're pride and joy with their grit covered gloves :yuck:

I took my car to work in the snow before christmas and it wasn't too bad. Even got a chance to have a play in the works car park.

Z is at home today though. Only a slight incline on my road but it's mega icey and I remember last year not being able to move away from the kerb because of the camber. Decided to not even attempt it this time.

Got to remember as well. It's not just whether you can drive it in the snow. It's all the other numptys on the road who don't leave enough time for braking etc!

Totally agree mate a lot of the problems on the roads are the lack of drivers with experience of driving the correct way in this weather and best thing is how they still insist on jumping lights at junctions and causing even more delays - mate told me it took him 3 hours to get to centre of Chester last night from work (work is about 2 miles away!) because people were just being total muppets! :bangin: Oh well soon be summer ... :lol: