Hi

Hi

Just joined the forum today but actual had the Zed for 3 years.

In truth its the wifes car and i've not done mega mileage in it over the last three years, however i'm going to be getting much more in touch with it over the next 6 months as i have just ended up with a 240m daily comute and its going to be the car that soaks up the moterway miles.

My car is a modified black DC2 integra which i track day and hopefully this year will be sprinting. I love it to bits, but 4hrs+ a day in it aint for the faint hearted. it was ok for my previous 20 mile dialy comute but it requires lots more energy and concentration to drive as its more track biased than road now.

So back to the Zed, just serviced her for the first time myself and noticed the rear pads and discs look pretty shot, didn;t like the sound of nissan prices so came looking for a forun and started to look at some posts, and will follow up on some threads. Incidently got Dixcel setup on the Teg and lots of stopping power but suffer with bad vibration when i get some decent heat into them, wasn;t expecting that on a 1050kg car. might try something different on the Z for road use. (wife won't let me track it)

So now i've taken the decision to slip of the nissan dealer radar and go solo will the well being of our Zed, i am sure i will be making good use of the forum. From first browse tonight, looks like a good site with friendly memebers so look forward to using the site.

p.s. i'm going from London (home) to Derby Daily in a Gunmetal UK 04 plate - if you frequent the M1 - i'll probably be there as well.

cheers

Jason

:welcome: Don't know about your other car but you will probably be filling up every day with that comute :headhurt:

trying to get there and back twice on 1 tank. 480 miles. managed it once but had to stick to 75. (was on vapours) will have to have a search and see what mpg people are getting on a gentle drive.

:thumbs:

i did suffolk to york area before christmas, was around trip of about 500 miles got home with 50 miles on the DTE

its doable but i only managed it due to the really bad weather and so i cruised up at 70 the whole way, witha few a14 stretches at 60 due to traffic.

:welcome:

god that's one hell of a commute! So what does the poor wife have to drive now you've stolen her car?

She takes the tube every day, so really i'm looking after it for her rather than letting it get cold and lonely on the drive. at least thats the line i'm going for :teeth: