Ross's Old Car New Owner Here

Hi Everyone and Ross!

Well im the lucky new owner!, had a hell of a drive to get it, try a near 500 mile round trip in the snow and ice!. Sometimes though you just know a car has got your name on it and within 10 minutes of seeing this gorgeous car for sale i was putting an offer in! Just can't believe people wanted to pass on this because it didn't have slippy saggy seats and a dodgy sound system?, oh well !!

Have to say my instincts were right , it was everything i hoped and more. It looks amazing on my drive and it had it's first full wax and detail today in the freezing cold!. It joins my VX220 Turbo and GT40 replica and feels as special as either of them, so it's going to a good home!

First on the shopping list is an exhaust system, so might have to come to some meets and see what sounds better between a K2 and a Scorpion.

Thanks again Ross the car is a credit to you and i hope i can keep it up to your standards. I did feel terrible driving it away from you (well for the first 30 seconds anyway!)

cheers!

jason

ok guys some pics!

The GT40 has taken 18 years of my life so far and still being perfected!, just built and fitted a new Ford V8 331 stroker engine with about 350BHP but a lot of low down torque around 350lb/ft at 2,500 rpm. As it only weighs 1 ton it really shifts and the noise it makes is to die for!

post-5633-135011869996_thumb.jpg

post-5633-135011870052_thumb.jpg

post-5633-13501187008_thumb.jpg

It's incredibly cheap to run, kit car insurance is so cheap, i pay only £260 per year fully comp. I service the car myself as it's only 1960's technology plus it's going up in value!. Mind you it only does 10- 15 mpg but i dont really care i only really use it for shows. Im driving to the Le mans classic with my dad in the summer. I will be in convoy with 8 other GT's from the midlands club so that will be quite special i think! :drive1

Total build cost is probably in the region of around £25K+ but that has been spread over 18 years so no worse than a bad Smoking and drinking habit but just as addictive!