Hidden parking sensors

Ebized

Oh they are the newer fancy ones that dont need holes drilling! - Posh

I made a reversing sensor kit when I was 17 at College - still got it somewhere Colin - you can have it if you like - but its a big ugly box! :blush:

Costco sell a reversing camera kit for £50 I think that looks pretty good?

Not had any direct experience, but believe when these types of sensors were last discussed, we couldnt use them effectively as we have the crash bar across the rear bumper which interferes with them. Might be worth asking them if thats the case still. You basically have to make sure that there is no solid metal structure within 30cm of them IIRC which means to position them away from the crash bar, they wont be "looking" in the right direction as it will be right at the bottom of the bumper.

Surely you know how to park the Zed though Colin ;):lol:

Not had any direct experience, but believe when these types of sensors were last discussed, we couldnt use them effectively as we have the crash bar across the rear bumper which interferes with them. Might be worth asking them if thats the case still. You basically have to make sure that there is no solid metal structure within 30cm of them IIRC which means to position them away from the crash bar, they wont be "looking" in the right direction as it will be right at the bottom of the bumper.

Surely you know how to park the Zed though Colin ;):lol:

Chris - Colins Zeds gone - we are all waiting to find out what he has instead - we have a bet on at the local gambling emporia! :lol:

Chris - Colins Zeds gone - we are all waiting to find out what he has instead - we have a bet on at the local gambling emporia! :lol:

When did this happen - how did I miss that :scare::lol:

Look at his Signature - he's a stealth one is our Colin :ninja:;)

I think he has got a 300C or a Fiat 500 personally! :lol:

I think he was just being hopeful for a nice xmas pressie from June :drive1

Col - you can retrofit the parking cam from a JDM 370z to a UK one you know, not cheap, but would be "baller" as the kids call it ;)

I think he was just being hopeful for a nice xmas pressie from June :drive1

Col - you can retrofit the parking cam from a JDM 370z to a UK one you know, not cheap, but would be "baller" as the kids call it ;)

Indeed or you can just get one from a scrapper Pathfinder, Note or Murano - its the same gear ! :)

The blurb says:

Once the bumper is removed, if your vehicle has a metal crash protection bar and the antenna will be within 3 cm's of this metal bar (once the bumper is re-fitted) you can install a 2nd Antenna (included with all PD1 sensors) to prevent any reduction in detection range or insulate the metal crash bar. This is only required on a small number of vehicles but the option is available if required.

Just struck me a as a good idea, if they work OK ;)

The blurb says:

Once the bumper is removed, if your vehicle has a metal crash protection bar and the antenna will be within 3 cm's of this metal bar (once the bumper is re-fitted) you can install a 2nd Antenna (included with all PD1 sensors) to prevent any reduction in detection range or insulate the metal crash bar. This is only required on a small number of vehicles but the option is available if required.

Give it a go and let me know if it works :thumbs:

The blurb says:

Give it a go and let me know if it works :thumbs:

Somehow this smiley :bunny: seems appropriate if it were a guinea pig :lol:

Someone out there must have come across these hidden sensors and if they work OK :bounce:

You're not the only one Chris! What is the company car tax rate for GTR's anyway? ;)

I fitted these to my Z within a week of getting the car, as I was removing the bumper to fit my cleared out fog light. They work a treat. The crash bar behind the bumper has a polystyrene cover that adequately shields the antenna. Only time Ive had a false alarm is in heavy rain.

Thanks for that - I presume the antenna wire is mounted between the bumper and the polystyrene from what you have said, so it is definitely a bumper off install job?

I would be very interested in these, but with the risk of sounding stupid, i understand how you fit the sensor etc under the bumper, but where does the power connect to, and how do you get that connected to a speaker inside the car,

Sure its very simple but cant work out how you would do it without drilling...

If anyone is in Weybridge/ HANTS / Surrey area and has done it before i would love a hand doing it if its simple (dead nervous to take bumper off myself etc!)