Hidden parking sensors

Ebized

If these do work i defo want one :D

everytime i park my zed i always think i'm really close to the car behind me :scare:

but when i get out i always find i could get a smart car in the gap!!! :doh:

i know one day i'm gonna think i've got the space to go back a little more and then...... :blackeye:

If someone gets/had this and it does really work let me know!!

otherwise if you have one that works from a different web site/company.......link please :teeth:

I would be very interested in these, but with the risk of sounding stupid, i understand how you fit the sensor etc under the bumper, but where does the power connect to, and how do you get that connected to a speaker inside the car,

Sure its very simple but cant work out how you would do it without drilling...

If anyone is in Weybridge/ HANTS / Surrey area and has done it before i would love a hand doing it if its simple (dead nervous to take bumper off myself etc!)

If you check out the link that put in my first post ( http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/ ) there is all the info you need about installation. The main bugbear does seem to be the need to remove the bumper, but otherwise it is all straightforward :thumbs:

As the firm is in Fareham in Hants, its not too far from you and I intend to make a visit about fitment to my 370

everytime i park my zed i always think i'm really close to the car behind me :scare:

i know one day i'm gonna think i've got the space to go back a little more and then...... :blackeye:

otherwise if you have one that works from a different web site/company.......link please :teeth:

Man your avatar is freaking me out! :scare::scare:

I have one of these (not a parking dynamics one but a cheap copy off ebay).

Seems to work pretty well, I occasionally get a false alarm going over metal grating and things but its always worked OK to indicate you are close to something. I've had normal parking sensors in the past which have given about the same amount of false warnings.

Dead easy to fit with the bumper off (which is very easy to get off BTW), for power you just need to splice into the loom for the reverse light. The tape (sensor) just sticks onto the bumper so its best to take the bumper off so you can give it a good clean prior to sticking it on (I put a bit of extra tape over the ends of mine to make it a bit more secure).

There is a grommet under the bumper for the electrics/speaker to come into the car which I threaded the cable through.

The speaker is pretty loud on mine so you could put it anywhere in the boot and still hear it.

I wouldn't say its perfect, but it certainly works, and if you need to back your car close to a wall on a regular basis like I do it really helps :thumbs:

Man your avatar is freaking me out! :scare::scare:

B)

thats what it is ment to do!!! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just ordered a set of these for my new rear, hopefully they work just as well as the ones I've got on now from Nissan.

Will try and get some photos of the install if anyone's interested, body shop are going to do it whilst it's in for a few things but I'll see if I can get them to take some pics! Looks straightforward though form the videos on their website.