Crashed my Zed :=(( !!!

GT4 Zed

Just getting into my Work carpark where the is 90deg left turn up a 5-10% incline to the automatic barriers and as i negotiated the bend and began to climb the hill the car just understeers straight into the high curbs which line both sides of the road :scare:

Spilt my original CF veilside lip into two unequal halves and also banged the passenger side wheel enough to cause a buckle in the outer polished lip :angry:

My entry speed was under 10-15mph as you can't go any faster and it all happened with 3secs! i barely turned into the skid and never really hit the brakes properly. Anyway it would not have done much as there is no room to manuoever with both curbs about half a meter or less either sides of the car :thumbdown: and when i went out to check the dammage i promptly fell twice on a diabolically slippery tarmac :lol: there where two parking attendants standing next to a grit container and did not use any earlier as they felt conditions where oK today.

Anyway to cut a long story short i will be taking up the carpark company for not providding appropriate car park fascilities despite as forking £254 yearly :surrender: And for the record several other cars crashed in the same spot and withinn the car park today :scare::scare:

All i have to do now is to check for suspension dammage which was not apparent but i will see after i drive home now :dry:

Sorry to hear about your accident, not good, I hope you get it sorted. The Grit boxes should be well used in this weather, could be a leverage point to get your damage fixed....... come to mention it I dont see so many grit boxes these days.

Hope it all works out ok for you mate ....

I've been worried about the driving conditions all week especially since I got stuck on Friday on a hill for a while ...

Hope this weather sorts itself out soon ... I'm not enjoying driving too much at the moment ... :scare:

Thanks for all your kind words chaps and chapses :thumbs: i have just email the parking manager now and see what happens :snack:

the whell will need changing and the VS frontlip is gone ....so gutted because it was an original B) just about to test out the suspension so will feedback tomorrow with pics if i can manage it!

wish me luck

Thanks for all your kind words chaps and chapses :thumbs: i have just email the parking manager now and see what happens :snack:

the whell will need changing and the VS frontlip is gone ....so gutted because it was an original B) just about to test out the suspension so will feedback tomorrow with pics if i can manage it!

wish me luck

Make sure you send a letter too Bennet, and make sure its recorded delivery so you can track it. Emails tend to fall into interweb black holes when they are something like this, perfect excuse to say they didnt get it and do nothing about it :bang:

Gutted for you mate,you wouldnt mind so much if you were arsing about or whatever :thumbdown: I nearly went in to some metal railings tonight on my way to my girlfriends,its a pretty busy road in town to so i was lucky i was going slow & got a bit of grip back.While its been raining here tonight its got worse,its more like an ice rink now.

hope you get it sorted asap mate & that those 2 ball bags,and manager for that matter cough up for it :thumbs:

feeling for ye , last time i curbed a rim becuase of slip/not concentrating enough i nearly cried. just be thank full the curb wasnt one of those super high ones than can damge your doors.

if your lucky the rim and splitter took the brunt of it and thats it .