Husky progress thread

Husky

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't quite understand how curbing a really expensive alloy wheel would make you want to sell them cheaply and buy even more expensive and bigger alloy wheels :shrug:

because I really don't have the time to get the car up on stands and take all the wheels to a refurb then bring them all back again etc. i'm just being lazy :lol:

Don't quite understand how curbing a really expensive alloy wheel would make you want to sell them cheaply and buy even more expensive and bigger alloy wheels :shrug:

because I really don't have the time to get the car up on stands and take all the wheels to a refurb then bring them all back again etc. i'm just being lazy :lol:

Ahh now I understand... in fact I am thinking the same thing with my Leon, I bought a brand new set of replica RS4 alloys for it with Toyo tyres on for £600 a couple of years ago and they are completely shagged :surrender:

I need new tyres soon so instead of 4x£100(ish) for tyres + 4x£50(ish) for refurb I am thinking just get another new set and stick the shagged ones on fleabay for £100 :thumbs:

yeah basically like that, except mine arent really "shagged" :lol: just need a touch up. The other reason is that I'm going to be supplying these wheels soon so i need my set to be perfect. And potentially might go for 20's depending on what five axis are looking for in the UK demo car :) we shall see.

yeah basically like that, except mine arent really "shagged" :lol: just need a touch up. The other reason is that I'm going to be supplying these wheels soon so i need my set to be perfect. And potentially might go for 20's depending on what five axis are looking for in the UK demo car :) we shall see.

Yes yours are not shagged, hence you would get more than £100 on fleabay :lol:

Can I ask a really really stupid and obvious question without you hating me :surrender:

Why didn't you have your rim protectors on :blackeye:

Took the lights off today and modded them

Before:

48365ced.jpg

After:

Clear strips

White light Hid bulbs

80W main beam bulbs

Silver indicator bulbs

LED sidelight bulbs (to put in tomorrow morning as I left them in the garage)

Swissvax polished and sealed

f72ec25b.jpg

42c2307a.jpg

No photoshop involved, they do look that sexy, i'm so impressed with the Swissvax product I would highly reccomend it (it smells ****ing amazing too! :cloud9: )

They still need sealed all the way round as I ran out of sealant.

The car is currently sat outside looking a bit sorry for itself like this:

c89ab92c.jpg

Love the lights, I wish I had the cash available to get them done myself!

yeah that's the only catch with doing my own lights, i don't get paid for the burns on my hands :lol:

If you wanted them done the same as mine:

£60 to split them

£40 for the clear strip

Bulbs @ cost

+p&p

Takes 2 days + delivery time either way

I have a list of people to get through but PM if interested :)

Seems somewhere along the way i forgot to post the Zunsport grille :doh: noob fail

here it is, it was over a year ago this was fitted now, i absolutely love it and its like the day i bought it completely scratch and chip free (unlike the bumper!).

P1030009.jpg

P1030095.jpg

P1030075.jpg

P1030089.jpg

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

Been quite slack in the updates so here are few :)

Used matte black wrap I had lying around to wrap the centre of the front bumper, I really love this and think it finishes the front nicely and goes with the zunsport grille well.

Also Got myself a new numberplate which I'm quite chuffed with, I think it completely changes the look of the car.

af5e2efb.jpg

Wanted to change this one for a while now, Installed a set of JDM window switches so I have one touch control of the passenger window from both driver and passenger side. Also this means I can control the windows after the key has been removed for a short while, a simple thing but makes a big difference to my sanity as I always forget to wind my windows up until the key is out the ignition.

21b3673f.jpg

77322eec.jpg

Took you ages to unveil that plate :p

The window switches used to annoy me aswell :lol:

yeah I know, I was a complete slacker in sending the stuff to DVLA as I moved house, it was finally legal on the sunday of wales so I could put it on :lol: