push button start

kevgreen16

If you like it then good on yer. Just one last question, do you have to keep the foot on the clutch when firing up too?

unfortunately yes clutch has to be down, it can be bypassed as can key but not too clever with warranty, so have to wait till warranty over then i will have clifford alarm with remote auto start, B)

Seems like an awful lot of work just to start the car.

I had an S2000 and the button just ended up getting on my tits.

you can also start it with the key like normal, just use button when it takes your fancy :)

You could always tell the Mrs it's the ejector seat for when she starts nagging :lol:

• 4 years later...

I'm assuming there is a relay fitted that de-activates the button once the engine is on?

I had a similar one in my old FTO, ended up never using it because it was extra effort every time I wanted to start the car! Pointless but fun :)

They're actually not a bad idea if you can wire it so that you have to use the button, i.e. a full turn of the key won't start the car at all. It's more security than cool, especially if done in a subtle way without a great big START on the button, as then people get in and wonder how the hell to start the damn thing, I confused loads of people with that on my old VXR :)

Wow I didnt realise that picking up an old thread was wrong - what the correct thing to do if you are still interested in a topic that hasnt been commented on for a while?

Start a new thread, then take abuse for 'not using the search option' :lol:

Wow I didnt realise that picking up an old thread was wrong - what the correct thing to do if you are still interested in a topic that hasnt been commented on for a while?

+1 :lol:

We're only joking matey, it's just a novelty that someone actually bothered to use the search for a change! You did it the exact right way, and I salute you for it :thumbs:

+1 :lol:

+2 you can't win, you can only take some stick then become one of the family. awwww :blush:

The wife's 1 Series has a start button.

Put the "key" in (which is a fat credit card thiny) and push the start stop thingy on the dash.

Pointless I think.

Plus, confuses the hell out of me.

I use it more than I use the Zed, so I get in the Zed, put the key in they try to press the non existent button on the dash! :bangin:

Or... WORST than that... first time I drove into a car park, the barrier said "Push button for ticket" so I pushed the one on the dash and stopped the car :lol:

I do like the keyless entry/lock (doors and rear hatch) and start button on the 370 - a great improvement over the seventies style key issued with the 350's :D

Just wish we also had the remote window opening as they get acros the pond, but which Nissan say can't be done here :thumbdown:

Could someone explain the whole start button thing where you have to insert something first? Why would anyone want to insert something, and then press something else? Surely that's more effort than turning the key that your hand is already on?

I like the start buttons where you don't have to insert anything though.

Alas it's usually having to press something before inserting, that's just to much effort I say.

:lol:

Classic...

My old mans SL55 is weird... you can get in the car (if your card is in your pocket) as it opens the doors for you when you get close (dangerous, I think) then if you get in, you can just use the start button and off you go.

BUT, if you use the remote to open the door, you HAVE to put the "card" in a slot that looks like a normal barrel in the steering column and turn it, as the button won't then work.

Very strange. :wacko: