push button start

kevgreen16

Guest prescience

How does this integrate with the cars security system - conceptually it would appear higher risk but I'm sure that angle has been covered. But how?

Guest prescience
I'm guessing here, but still probably need the key to start it?

Oh really, so it is just a gimmick then :dry:

I'm guessing here, but still probably need the key to start it?

Oh really, so it is just a gimmick then :dry:

yes it still needs key, and security still the same , fitted it just behind ash tray on centre console, i agree there is not much space anywhere else for it to go, it just a gadget thats all. B)

actually it looks good!

But what's the point??? :blush:

That was gonna be my next post :angry:

It looks ok, but whats the point if you still need the key. I love my gadgets but it has to have some kind of benefit. Correct me if Im wrong but you stick the key in the ignition, you don't turn it, turn to your left and then press the said button to start it? :scare:

actually it looks good!

That is the point :)

I had an S2000 and the push start was cool. No point to it really as you still need the key, just makes it feel like you're in 'proper' car. Makes it easier to restart if you stall it too, not that I ever did *nervouslaugh* :innocent:

actually it looks good!

That was gonna be my next post :angry:

It looks ok, but whats the point if you still need the key. I love my gadgets but it has to have some kind of benefit. Correct me if Im wrong but you stick the key in the ignition, you don't turn it, turn to your left and then press the said button to start it? :scare:

well say you have stopped to talk or whatever, or your wife has nipped into shop, you turn off engine perhaps, well when you come to restart you just press the button,, maybe some people just carnt find the button, :p , but seriously each to there own, i like it anyway.

Guest prescience

If you like it then good on yer. Just one last question, do you have to keep the foot on the clutch when firing up too?