350Z reincarnation.

docwra

A little while ago, I had a bit of an incident involving a 350Z, a roadsign, a ditch and a hedge (in that order). The poor old thing didnt come out of it looking too good:

IMG00030-20090306-1335.jpg

IMG00031-20090306-1335.jpg

Ouch. :(

So anyway, I decided that it needed fixing. OE Nissan Parts would have cost more than the car was worth, so I spoke to Mr Dan at SRB and ordered up a Chargespeed Type 1 kit - front and back bumpers, skirts and a carbon diffuser.

Next I decided that Id treat myself to some new wheels, as my missus had already nicked the Gram Lights you can see in that picture for her Onevia. I found a set on ebay, but unfortunately lost them at the last minute :(

Fortunately, the guy who won them is a mate of a mate (now a mate of mine too) Nick at Nickson Motorsport couldnt fit them so got in touch and offered them up to me. Nice one. :thumbs:

Except when I finally got hold of them, I found that they were rather larger than I had thought, particularly at the front. Unfortunately due to the enormous dish, they also wouldnt go anywhere near clearing my Brembos. Arse. :(

They did look awesome when test fitted to the (still bent up) car though, so I manned up and decided that it was now death or glory. I contacted Will @ Streetoptions and after a bit of a chat decided to go for it. The boy done alright, dont you think?? ;)

IMG00009-20091205-1902.jpg

IMG00012-20091206-1540.jpg

IMG00013-20091206-1540.jpg

Shitty phone pics, but Badass. I got great pleasure yesterday from sitting in my living room, watching people nearly fall over from staring at it, probs trying to figure out what it is :D

Ill be doing a proper project thread once Ive cleaned it a bit, and it is going to be going lower so dont start, but Im pretty damn chuffed :D

Oh, and 10J ET -41 front, 10J ET -43 rear. :cool:

It should actually have been a carbon diffuser but we decided that the black would look better with the blue - if anyone wants a carbon diffuser let me know ;):D

It looks absolutely immense from the rear - you'll see once Ive got some proper pics up :thumbs:

Cheers guys - Im really pleased that nearly all of the feedback has been positive. :D

The car needs to go down an inch or two, and the arches are perfect for the rims - they will tuck nicely. Unfortunately due to the protrudey front bumper its going to be a big NO for speedbumps, but it will look the tits. :cloud9:

Ive had a couple of people suggest a FOBW (its a BGW round my way - Big Gay Wing) but Im not sure ......... same goes for the front numberplate, I just dont know how Im going to mount it, but Im thinking a square plate down on one side. :thumbs:

The guy that did the work is Will @ Streetoptions - the arches are all fabbed out of metal and he reckons are tough enough to be rolled if I need it - shockingly good work. :clap:

Couple more stage pics from the build - Ill do a full project thread once Ive got some pics of it clean :D

195jpg.jpg

201jpg.jpg

196jpg.jpg

Well. I think it's a little OTT for my tastes. I'd like something like that, maybe maybe shrunk down 10%.

I still however appreciate it looks bloody good, and almost OEMish in a way. Nicely done from what I can see in the poor quality pics. Well fitted as well. Looks tricky in those pictures!

Certainly no Failside!

good effort on the arch work, most impressive.

i've just put a wing on mine, if i get home in daylight hours i'll try and take a pic of the car, otherwise it will have to wait till the weekend.

maybe something like the nismo v2 spoiler would balance it.

not quite as big as something like the veilside V3 spoiler. but enough to balance the rear out. i think the ings low mounted carbon wing would do nicely, but they aren't cheap.