Is BM going too far in terms of bad taste?

BulletMagnet

Is BM getting worse or not?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is BM getting worse or not?

• He is going too far and should be banned.
    • He is going too far and should be warned.
    • He is going too far, but nothing to worry about.
    • He isn't going too far at all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

picking on someones wife is pretty poor taste :dry:

if it had been in the pub, i wouldn't be laughing and would have told you to **** off. you crossed a line on that one.

doesn't mean i want to see you banned, but i'm sick to death of gay jokes and pictures coming up, or appearing in threads for no reason. you and your compadre have taken something that was initially funny and then flogged it to death. you both have gone from being funny, to coming across as a right pair of pr1cks (online that is)

i know you in person mark, and i know your a decent bloke but occasionally on the forum i think you forget when the line is.

my appologies for referring to your other club in such a crude term in the "da whip" thread but don't insult my wife it jsut isn't tennis ;)

picking on someones wife is pretty poor taste :dry:

if it had been in the pub, i wouldn't be laughing and would have told you to **** off. you crossed a line on that one.

doesn't mean i want to see you banned, but i'm sick to death of gay jokes and pictures coming up, or appearing in threads for no reason. you and your compadre have taken something that was initially funny and then flogged it to death. you both have gone from being funny, to coming across as a right pair of pr1cks (online that is)

i know you in person mark, and i know your a decent bloke but occasionally on the forum i think you forget when the line is.

my appologies for referring to your other club in such a crude term in the "da whip" thread but don't insult my wife it jsut isn't tennis ;)

It was only with the context of the thread.

You yourself entered your wife into the discussion about said items of underwear, nobody else.

In regards tot he gay pics...when's the last time I actually posted something up then?

I was tempted to make a nice pice in the MPH thread where there is the pic of the Gay Classic Car Owner club, butI thought, Nah, that jokes pretty much dead now, so I left it alone.

I will ask you with one question Mark - if you posted this stuff on the other side, what would they think?

I know for a fact that people have been banned for much less over there, so I suggest you ask yourself that question when posting in these kinds of threads/posts :)

I will ask you with one question Mark - if you posted this stuff on the other side, what would they think?

I know for a fact that people have been banned for much less over there, so I suggest you ask yourself that question when posting in these kinds of threads/posts :)

Why do I need to compare two different sites with each other, they are both selfcontained entities.

On one hand people shun the other site, but then when it comes to stuff like this, I'm supposed to draw comparisons?

Why do I need to compare two different sites with each other, they are both selfcontained entities.

On one hand people shun the other site, but then when it comes to stuff like this, I'm supposed to draw comparisons?

This site or that site regardless, if you offend other members, that will not be tolerated. Sometimes I get the feeling you do it just to provoke a reaction.

What I will say is that if you do keep pushing it and offend other members then action will be taken and non of us want it to come to that :)

It was only with the context of the thread.

You yourself entered your wife into the discussion about said items of underwear, nobody else.

In regards tot he gay pics...when's the last time I actually posted something up then?

I was tempted to make a nice pice in the MPH thread where there is the pic of the Gay Classic Car Owner club, butI thought, Nah, that jokes pretty much dead now, so I left it alone.

I think what you should have started with on this reply is actually an apology;

it may well have been in the context of the thread, but it still over stepped the mark.

with regards to the gay jokes, you and fiddy did it so much i loose track of who and when and what was posted, but you might be right, you may not have been responsible for the last few. but again you still didn't know when to stop originally.

I don't think Mark's posted anything that has gone further than anyone else has posted in the past. I mean, look at how much gay stuff Louis has had to put up with for like YEARS - but it just goes over his head he doesn't care. The point here is whether it offends an individual or not and if it does then that is what the report button is for. Chill out guys! :)

No offense to rich5259, but posting on the thread "Wanted - car for my daughter" with "sound like a good swap, is she hot?" could also seen as offensive, after all we are talking about somebodys daughter here.

Then also members that post about "sausage jockeys", "kicking Cheryl Coles backdoor in" and such is obviously non-offensive at all.

But sorry, it just sounds odd that some can say stuff and others cannot.

In my book there is a world of difference between a bit of tongue in cheek banter between members we are all subject to it to a point but i think it oversteps the mark when you bring someones wife into it who is not a member of this forum. The sausage jockey comments were made by me for sure but equally it was suggested me and Louis are lovers which we are and i just laugh at that. :)

The point here is whether it offends an individual or not and if it does then that is what the report button is for.

And it would appear to be the case that it as. ;)

And for the record when Vals wife was recently mentioned in a thread i saw to it that it the poor comments were quickly removed.

In my book there is a world of difference between a bit of tongue in cheek banter between members we are all subject to it to a point but i think it oversteps the mark when you bring someones wife into it who is not a member of this forum. The sausage jockey comments were made by me for sure but equally it was suggested me and Louis are lovers which we are and i just laugh at that. :)

The point here is whether it offends an individual or not and if it does then that is what the report button is for.

And it would appear to be the case that it as. ;)

Mrs.Biscuit is indeed a member on here and it wasn't me who brought her into the discussion, it was rtbiscuit himself.

The sausage jockey comments were not in relation you yourself or Louis, they were in a different thread altogether.

is it really that hard to apologies mark!

you caused offense, the person you offended has told you so.

stop playing devils advocate and do the right thing.

**** me i thought i casued offense with the nissan scroats comment so apologies with out the need for a promt.

as far as i can see at the moment you couldn't give a monkies about peoples opinions, your bored so you thought you'd stir it up.

you might as well not bother coating it as something else and just post up " i'm bored who wants an argument/pointless discussion"

All that i know that in recent months it so hard to keep with up with all the threads and monitoring them all, for me there is just too much off topic stuff these days that go on for page after page after page :yawn:

Like this one 56 pages!! :wacko: And for the record this came close to getting locked too ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26650&hilit=marriage

I love a bit of gay banter, you should see my facebook. The missus wasn't too impressed though and she keeps asking who Tarmac is, I blame Vik for that though. :lol:

Personally I find the majority of stuff on here hilarious, the jobs I've done have meant me working with a lot of banter and sometimes I forget that it might offend people around me if I behave like I do at work.

If I was you I would just apologize and move on, no one wants to see anyone banned

I think you're both way over the top personally. Mark's comment in the pants thread really wasn't that offensive, but then it wasn't funny either. Rich, you're in danger of coming across as holier than thou and a tad sanctimonious, which isn't helping matters.

In all fairness I've tended to avoid any thread which revolves around faux-gayness or pretending to be a dog as they're really quite childish and playground humour stuff which has a time and a place, and that time passed about 0.2 seconds after the original comment. That said, it's a free interweb and people are allowed to say what they want (up to a point), so that's my loss I guess. Neither of you would be half as bolshy as you are on this thread in real life, so just take it all with a pinch of salt and move on.

Its pretty simple really, dont post anything that offends people. I was very close to deleting that post but gave you the benefit of the doubt.

We have a swear filter on here for a reason but why people need to post swear words always annoys me.

This is a car forum with a very good feeling of community and as a moderator my task is kept very simple because the members on here are pretty much self moderating.

There is a very simple solution, think twice before posting, if you are in doubt then dont post.

My personal rule is that if it is borderline it goes.

All that i know that in recent months it so hard to keep with up with all the threads and monitoring them all, for me there is just too much off topic stuff these days that go on for page after page after page :yawn:

Like this one 56 pages!! :wacko: And for the record this came close to getting locked too ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26650&hilit=marriage

Yeah that should of been locked months ago, I started getting well offended when the lads ran out of material

:thumbdown:

is it really that hard to apologies mark!

you caused offense, the person you offended has told you so.

stop playing devils advocate and do the right thing.

**** me i thought i casued offense with the nissan scroats comment so apologies with out the need for a promt.

as far as i can see at the moment you couldn't give a monkies about peoples opinions, your bored so you thought you'd stir it up.

you might as well not bother coating it as something else and just post up " i'm bored who wants an argument/pointless discussion"

Even if I did apologize now, it would prolly be meaningless now, because it's run too far.

I'll give you this tho, if Lucy is reading this, then I sincerly apologize if this has offended you.

I find it quite sad that you jump to a conclusion about me being bored and just making a thread just to make an argument or pointless discussion.

It's only because I told you once that I made the "I've had enough..." thread under such a premise.

But how can that motive apply to this thread? I don't see it.

I am actually interested what people are thinking, because obviously, people are "reporting" my posts, because the admin team seem to be on me because of this.

I wanted to find out whether there was a large amount of substance behind it or not.