Stanski goes Pimp Daddy(to-be)!

stanski

Hi folks

If you remember after the Hoon meet, it dawned on me that owning a 2 seater sports car had its limitations especially when it wasn't going to be just me and Lucy anymore.

I was considering selling my Zed and although you managed to convince me not to and Lucy was'nt keen on letting it go either its been a difficult few months if I'm honest for various reasons.

I thought using the van for work and the zed 1 day a week would be fine but the van is quite painful on long journeys, so then maybe ditch the van and get a cheap Honda civic or something but no - the van is far too useful to me and I cant have yet another car parked up on the drive!

So with regret the decision was taken to sell the Zed - I was going to put it up for sale on the forum but with only a short number of weeks before baby Zed is born and the weekends required for more important stuff than test driving cars etc I went down the part-ex route. Fortunately it did'nt take long to find the car I wanted and a stealer that gave me full book price for mine (btw its hard to sell a Zed ragtop this time of year - nobody wanted it even though its mint and they dont care if its the later engine etc either. Seeing a few people on the forum still trying to sell theirs convinced me to cut my losses and part -ex.)

There you go the Zed has gone I will miss it desperately,I wont buy another one like that again and it was hard driving away in my new car and waving goodbye :byebye: to my beloved Zed after 18months of the happiest ownership experience down to the car and of course the club. (I did leave a forum card in the hidden compartment! ;) )

We hope to remain active club members and even though we wont be able to tear down the Evo triangle or Hoon etc with you lot we hope to still attend these meets and more subject to baby of course!

So what did I buy instead.............?

Well yes you guessed it the 300C :scare: .........surprisingly its a hell of a lot better than your average motoring journalist will have everyone beleive, yes they are Marmite cars but I love it so far!

eGfX4h3s1X.jpg

MKcz36AqnH.jpg

Think how many dough nuts you can get in that boot! :snack:

FbbcA0iLif.jpg

lSkhg8bGlu.jpg

doRYK7rRzn.jpg

Best bit its a Merc E class for Mondeo money - they have to be the bargain of the century at the moment! :band:

For a car that has the wrong badge I get enough admiring glances - they probably think the local Mafia has turned up! :lol:

Well anyway thought you would like to know...

..........so Greekman has the only Night Blue Ragtop in the Village! :lol:

Thanks gents - yes Keith unfortunately the distance I drive is the problem - sold mine with 55.5K on the clock after 18 months! (depreciates quicker than a Chrylser 300C! :blush: )

There are no jobs closer to home, I was due yet another bill for £400 tax and £200 on tyres and the £100 a week fuel bill just pushed it too far.

The 300C is a great easy wafter and yet its got plenty of poke best bit it actually handles - apparently they stiffened the suspension up for the euro market well as much as you can for a tank on wheels! I know its not Jap and this still worries me but could'nt face an Avensis or Madza6 :yawn:

So lets see maybe in a few years the G37's will drop in price ..... :)

I did read somewhere this is the modern version of the Rover P5B - (one of my all time faves) so really I am driving its cousin in a weird way!

Nixy - Lucy loves it but she would be sick drinking champers in that- and I am not having anyone throw up on my leather seats apart from the baby of course! :lol:

BTW - I am available for weekend airport taxi work for a modest fee ;)

Thanks folks. Chris I would love the G37 but I don't have that kind of money and it's still petrol so unless a job turns up closer to home I am stuck :blackeye:

Hopefully you can have a good giggle at it on the next Wales run assuming we can still attend in a non Zed :blush:

Need to get a club sticker to put in this one now :wacko:

Chris I would love the G37 but I don't have that kind of money and it's still petrol so unless a job turns up closer to home I am stuck :blackeye:

:

Yup, even more so when baby Zee arrives and takes it all! Even though they are very good for the money, they arent as much of a bargin as your pimp wagon appears to be. You will return to Zed ownership one day though, that I am sure :teeth:

Chris got Datsun in the blood now can't keep away forever ;)

Mart wouldn't mind a 240z but can't have yet another car in the fleet ... Beetle and wolseley to get restored first :surrender:

Tarmac don't rush into selling you may not have to it's just because of my huge weekly commute and the costs and time involved ... Being caught in an hours stop / start traffic through centre of Mank is quite painful in a Zed 5 nights a week the pimp wagon just makes it effortless :D

Oh Stan - nnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But needs must, but sorry I just do not like great stomping yank like tanks. :surrender:

We will see how it keeps up on the triangle, although I guess this next time it will not be the cakes your are worried about throwing around given the purpose it has been bought for ;)

Oh Stan - nnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But needs must, but sorry I just do not like great stomping yank like tanks. :surrender:

We will see how it keeps up on the triangle, although I guess this next time it will not be the cakes your are worried about throwing around given the purpose it has been bought for ;)

I know Colin I know but needs must unfotunately I don't have an endless supply of cash to keep the zed and have a sensible long distance cruiser for work. you know I had to get something a bit different :surrender:

We won't be trying to keep up with anyone with a baby in the car folks!!! :surrender: