Had enough...

Zedrush

Okay, I say this because I don't want anyone else to believe the hype of these cars, wish i could say was just mine but there are a plethora of other owners who share my views.

My experience with the Aston Martin has been for much of a better word... crap. Apart from the looks the satisfaction of owning one is null. They are poorly built, things kept going wrong and customer care was absolutely diabolical, even last week, the headlamp washer cover fell off :wacko: looking at it, was just a bit of plastic with a crappy rusty spring holding in place. The fitting of the boot was poor, you could almost see inside the boot and customer service was really bad. They came to collect the car because of problem with clutch (bearing in mind this is a brand new car), the guy looked over the car to make sure no damages on wheels blah blah blah and when they returned the car a week and half later the passenger side wheel was badly curbed. When I told the guy this he said you have to speak to office, I called up office and they said was not us was you :rant::angry::rant::angry::rant::angry::rant: thankfully i had kept the paper that stated wheels were fine before they had collected the car, so on that they said okay we will change wheel, :angry: Bloody cheek like they are doing me a favour :rant::rant:

Anyway, speaking to some friends and they gave me some sound advice, so I have now sold the Aston, and decided to take the sensible route with the next purchased. Wont be to everyones like but at least I can drive it knowing that the car is well made and wont have any problems with it. Have put the deposit down and the new car will be available March the first as wanted new reg plate.

Just thought Id give my experience, never again will I go with Aston :dry:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doh! I'll be getting a Porshe next then :dry:

serious mate Aston are a joke. So many people saying about their experiences with the car. One guy purchased second hand from main dealer and in two weeks from purchasing the bottom end of the engine went. Aston turned round and said to guy that he should of checked the oil and they refused to do anything with it even though they sold it to him and claimed to have done a full service on it before the sale. I was told check the oil once a month. With 3 weeks of purchasing, I had clutch problem, fuel consumption problems and an oil leak on brand new car. :wacko:

Not good mate, not something you would expect from such a prestigeous marque. Are you going to spill the beans on what's next then? Vauxhall? :p

:lol::lol: not quite, will spill the beans but think people will cuss me if I say :blush:

Na come on, spill! Everyone promises to be nice :)

Jay - do you want to buy a Jag?

In the words of Tony the Tiger - They'rrrrre great :thumbs:

PMSL :lol: think we have had common experiences mate really bad news really wouldnt expect this especially considering what they cost us :dry:

PDK is the paddle one, with sports chromo package, common but reliable and can use as a daily driver, ticked all the boxes for me

Not sure anyone will have a pdk yet and thought they are not released till Jan, maybe im wrong, just managed to get in time for next batch

the owner of the place where i bought my car had an Astin like yours, and he said it was a peice of crap!! i was drooling over it saying what a lovely motor it is but he just slated it!!

like you, hes had it a few months and loved it at first but then all manor of problems started. he even had to miss a meeting coz it broke down on the motorway (picked up on a low loader BTW), he said that once he flogs it he would never buy another,

its been in the garage more days that at his house!! thats not good!!!

he said that the build quality of the car was poor and things didnt feel as tactile as in the previous sports cars hes owned.

lucky bugger was gonna get a lambo murch possibly the LP640 (as he knows a guy ect...)

love the new motor mate, good choice!!!

Sparky

I remember clearly visiting the Aston dealership in Derby and noticing various "issues" that I would have expected not to see, especially in showroom cars. Carpets not fitting and exterior door trim hanging off was not a good impression in the show room.

They do look nice though - but its kind of spoilt if you cant use the things. :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear your Aston experience was less than satisfactory, Jay. I have to say though it doesn't surprise me. A close friend of mine bought a new Vantage V8 last year and had all sorts of problems with it and when he dedided to get rid of it 11 months later, he lost around £40K.

BUY A PORSCHE :drive1

I remember clearly visiting the Aston dealership in Derby and noticing various "issues" that I would have expected not to see, especially in showroom cars. Carpets not fitting and exterior door trim hanging off was not a good impression in the show room.

They do look nice though - but its kind of spoilt if you cant use the things. :thumbdown:

I live 2 mins from the Aston Garage in Derby. Enviously I drive past it every day... I still love them, just a shame about the build quality

Good effort with the Porsche..... I fancy a Cayman S next (poor mans 911) :blush: