ESP..... on or off ?

Vale

Hi all,

Just wondered how many of you lot drive with the esp on or off ?

I have had my Zed for about 6 weeks now and i have lost count how many times i have given birth everytime my Zed wants to cut the power, its VERY un-nerving :scare: dont get me wrong, i aint no Tiff Needell (Tiff's favorite car by the way ;) ) but i do have quite a lot of experience with rear wheel drive from my cosworth days but i am of the opinion that the ESP is just too sensitive. :wacko:

Whats your experiences and opinions on this ?

:drive1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I am liking Alex's thinking. To be honest mine is off now, i much prefer to know whats happening under my right foot rather then what might happen in a little black box of gadgets :p

One thing that has really impressed me about the Zed is its predictability ! Reassuring :thumbs:

As far as the time of year goes, i agree but with ESP off you need to know your own ability and have respect for the obvious too :surrender:

;)

Good point Vik, car has just had Gear and diff oils done and a full winter health check including geo. Front tyres are low but still have 3.5mm on them. Roads are just a bit slurpy at the mo but i didnt think the ESP would has such agressive impact :dry: unless its just my Zed ?

How does your car feel when it come in ? mine proper sh1ts me up :lol:

i only switch mine off when i go track side. or occassionally in the summer for a bit of fun.

but wet weather its left on.

big difference i found was changing my tyres especially in the wet. with my vredestein sessantas the traction hardly ever kicks in. car is a lot better at putting down the power instead of just spinning up the wheels.

i would also say i drive fast, but i have a very smooth driving style. so don't seem to kick the old esp off very often.

wet = on

dry = off alot of the time

tbh i would love to actually have a count of the number of people who have binned the car with it on and with it off i think it'll look like:

with on: none

with off: Lots

:lol:

just dont raise my insurance premium ;) i would trust alex to have it off though :teeth: infact i would pay to be a passenger :lol:

mmmm :dry: maybe its my tyres then. My esp comes on without spinning up the tyres not that i do that while driving anyhow,smoothly does it :D mine has the Bridgestones on which by what i read on here arent the best tyres to have :p

Any way this isnt about silly driving, i am responsible at all times, mainly because i ALWAYS assume there is a dick-ed coming the other way that isnt, i just wondered how everyone elses car reacted to the esp as i just thought it was a tad agressive.

:)

Mine's only come on a handfull of times - its just a wee judder and loss of power - there's one spot on my daily drive - basically a complete switchback which I take at about 5mph - now its the only place where the ESP gets switched off as a matter of course.........otherwise it is only off when its dry and the tyres are warm - although I did have my first true :drive1 moment tonight when I hit a roundabout and a pile of leaves at the same time and was going far too fast - thankfully the ESP did its job and I carried on with a combination of :scare: & :teeth:

Mine's only come on a handfull of times - its just a wee judder and loss of power - there's one spot on my daily drive - basically a complete switchback which I take at about 5mph - now its the only place where the ESP gets switched off as a matter of course.........otherwise it is only off when its dry and the tyres are warm - although I did have my first true :drive1 moment tonight when I hit a roundabout and a pile of leaves at the same time and was going far too fast - thankfully the ESP did its job and I carried on with a combination of :scare: & :teeth:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:p Ace ;)