mpg??

franky84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum.

If you want more than an average of 20mpg in a ZED you either have to live in the sticks, or have a weak right foot.

The ZED is for enjoying so if MPG is your issue it may not be your ideal choice - but I hope you decide it is :thumbs:

Ours was on 17.4mpg when we picked it up from the dealers and has reached 18.2mpg after 10 weeks, mainly commuting driving and a few long country drives :)

Reset it and you'll get a more accurate figure for your driving style.

:bang: if you need to know what the mpg is from one of these types of car you shouldnt be looking to buy one.

its not about that ,its about the pleasure and feel of the car on the road. :teeth: imo

runs for cover :surrender:

WHAT!!! You mean I cant drive a 3.5 v6 that weighs 2ton on the cheap :angry::angry::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:lol::bang::bang::bang:

as i've posted soooooooooooooooo many times before, i get 23-26mpg on my 8 mile a day round trip to work, and 32 mpg long distance, and 11 mpg on track.

11????? Never got anything more than 8.8mpg on a track!!!!!! :scare:

Only town driving is 13.smth now and on the motorway i never average more than 23mpg.... :dry:

I would swear that after fitting the nismo exhaust and air intakes fuel consumption has got worse....it used to be over 14 around town.... :headhurt:

But then again i love the sound so much that my ultra heavy right foot has got even heavier!!!!! :drive1B):lol:

Oh well, as i always say, cars and women are for pleasure....so the more fun you have with them, the more you need to spend on them and vice versa!!! And good fun never comes cheap!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

as i've posted soooooooooooooooo many times before, i get 23-26mpg on my 8 mile a day round trip to work, and 32 mpg long distance, and 11 mpg on track.

Only town driving is 13.smth now and on the motorway i never average more than 23mpg.... :dry:

I would swear that after fitting the nismo exhaust and air intakes fuel consumption has got worse....it used to be over 14 around town.... :headhurt:

But then again i love the sound so much that my ultra heavy right foot has got even heavier!!!!! :drive1B):lol:

Oh well, as i always say, cars and women are for pleasure....so the more fun you have with them, the more you need to spend on them and vice versa!!! And good fun never comes cheap!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

None of your MPG figures surprise me after reading about your brake and tyre usage! :lol::lol:

Guys, I know its a repost, and something found very easily from using the search function.

But as a new members first post, and his introduction to us (and us to him) would it not be better to be less sarky?

You could easily lose a member from that kind of response - especially if its someone who has never used forums or car clubs before.

As for someone asking about mpg in the first place....

well, for some people it does matter. It could easily be a case of saving every penny you have to be able to finally afford the car you want (in this case a Zed). but becasue of your commute, the actuall petrol costs may make it impossible to get.

I got a very similar response when asking the Skyline owners club about an R34 GTT mpg as my fiance is looking to buy one. And tbh it really pi$$ed me off. She has to use it for work, so she needed to know the real world mpg. as it turned out, back then becasue of learning that figure, we couldnt afford it.

So in response to what Buster said - yes, he should be looking at it if he wants to (sorry mate, you lined yourself up, and couldnt resist)

i drive 120 miles a day and in the brief time i have driven the z to work i averaged low to mid 30's through country roads/back roads, dual caridgeways and lots of roundabouts, on the daily commute to work its great to have the power there if late but really its all about the feeling of driving it, comfort and good stereo and air con on the daily drive, fun drving is best for the weekends when theres not much traffic... imo

the economy, cost of servicing and interior comfort is why i bought a z over a low mileage r33 gtr, compared to that the z is frugal :teeth:

None of your MPG figures surprise me after reading about your brake and tyre usage! :lol::lol:

V funny...... :blush: