Mud & Diesel on road = bent z... All fxed

yeti

On Friday, my 12th day of possessing my z (bought it a week before but didnt pick it up straight away as i insisted on getting some marks tidied up, service etc)

I drove round the roundabout on the estate my house is on and the back end flew out wildly, tried correcting with steering and throttle but that didnt help and continued to slide into a kerb with the front left wheel and came to rest against a lamp post :doh:

i have lived here for 2 years without incident and the highways agency are constructing a new major road from this roundabout and the associate earthmovers have left a trail of mud and diesel which wont have helped

P01.jpg

anyway thats the abridged version...

the car is now at the insurance approved accident repair centre looking a little like this :byebye:

P11.jpg

the damage i can see is knackered front bumper, near side front (nsf) light, nsf wing, nsf indicator, nsf wheel, bent steering rack.

fortuately the bonnet, sill and door are all ok, the inner wing apears straight as the majority of damage ocured to the wheel, hece the bent rack and the impact against the lamppost (the oly fecking one there! :rant: )was quite low speed, it just looks bad!

I dont believe the insurance will write it off for what is relivately minor damage as they are all bolt on parts and it is/was a very mint delaer fresh 56 plate gt pack. Questions i have really, how much are a new front bumper idicator and light from the dealers? Cos i fancy using this as a means to mod!

Any one got any experiance asking a bodyshop to fit non standard parts in replacement for the standard ones they are meant to be replacing?

I only really want to fit a subtley different front bumper, with a splitter

if it has indicators on the front corners id like to fit silver ones

and seeing as it needs a new wing i'd like to delete the wing indicaotrs and fit z4 style ones where the z badge is (did i imagine these or are they available?)

i've seen a great selection of bumpers on envy's z store buy am having trouble with the images - when i click on them they open a seperate window but it is too small to see the pic! :bangin:

if ay one can be of any help it'd be greatly appreciated! i'm in a new yaris courtesy car and although frugal the 110 miles round trip to work each day is already driving me mad!

cheers guys and girls!

Andy

with the envy website, just click on the maximise button top right hand coner of the box to enlarge the frame ;)

aye, tried that, the maximise is greyed out, i'm just copying the link and pasting it into a maximised window, not ideal but works!

altering parts on an insurance job is possible, but it depends on who is doing the work, you'll need to speak to them and expalin what you'd like to do, hopefully they should tell you what the parts cost for the original, and you pay the difference, some might ask you to get them and they refund you what the insurer would have paid out. and some will refuse, and only do what the insurers asked.

as for parts, yes there are indicator Zed badges, you'd need to flush the original zed badge indents. if your at it you might as well replace the wings with the FRP ones with the vents built ito them as well, check ebay think there is a set on there, about £140.

the "indicators" in the bumper are actually reflectors, i think envy do the clear ones for about £80, i might be over priced on that but you'll need to check.

front bumper, is down to personal choice, i'm about to fit the nismo N1 style bumper, but you have a whole choice out there.

^^ vents on ebay for £140... there gonna be a lovely fit!! ;)

Most body shops will do something for you on the parts, as the Nissan parts will probably be more than the aftermarket ones..

Envy do have a set of Ings wings in stock and a few different types of bumper...

You do need a side indicator though for the MOT so you could go for the z4 ones like on http://www.ctd-germany.com/shop/Nissan- ... :1568.html or you could get the ones that go in the bumper as indicators for a smoother look...

Oh and enjoy the bill for the new front light... they are about £1000 from Nissan! Just wondering if you have any chassis damage considering where its damaged, there are some rigid parts behind there that need to be looked at.

It may be worth a trip down to surrey to see Envy so you can get an idea of stock and the items in the flesh! There is a dyno day and meet at theirs this Saturday and there will be a few of us there with aftermarket parts on there cars so you can get an idea in the flesh!

cheers for the responses :)

fiberglas wings dont really apeal, the cars never gonna be a light weight machine so steel is fine + i could weld up the holes in the wing for the idicators if i decide to go smooth!

i think that clear front indicators are the way forward as i'd rather delete the side wing mounted ones! :thumbdown:

i wont be around this saturday now, helping a mate move house and out in london for the eve but defo need to get to a meet/show to see whats out there (you see so much when you actually own the car!)

yeah there might be chassis damage, i hope not but i will find out soo i'm sure!... if so and is irripairable i think i might cry! lol

cheers for the responses :)

fiberglas wings dont really apeal, the cars never gonna be a light weight machine so steel is fine + i could weld up the holes in the wing for the idicators if i decide to go smooth!

i think that clear front indicators are the way forward as i'd rather delete the side wing mounted ones! :thumbdown:

i wont be around this saturday now, helping a mate move house and out in london for the eve but defo need to get to a meet/show to see whats out there (you see so much when you actually own the car!)

yeah there might be chassis damage, i hope not but i will find out soo i'm sure!... if so and is irripairable i think i might cry! lol

I have the indicators and side lights in my bumper, there from clearcorners.com in the states, but I think husky was going these on here... Side lights are hooked up the main lights and then they have a 2nd indicator strip...

DSC03294.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03295.jpg

Sorry to see you've had such bad luck with your lovely new car. Feel gutted for you. I will get Gaz to PM you some decent sized pictures of bumpers and wings. Let me know which once you are interested in and we will get onto it this morning for you. We have quite a few in stock, as well as a set INGS of front wings. Also have a set of smoked LED side indicators which replace the standard reflectors in the bumper. http://www.z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuse ... rentCat=35

Ring Gaz if you need any more info or PM your number and we will ring you.

Sarah :)

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure which browser your running, sometimes that causes issues with images not working.

On the fenders we have these in stock:

04fv_376.jpg

(these are Hybrid FRP rather than FRP so are a quality material)

Bumper wise, we have most Shine options in stock:

http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... ory_ID=193

titlecu2_826.jpg

p1011529pa5_818.jpg

Strosek-Nissan-350Z-5_1576.jpg

As Sarah says we also have smoked LED front indicators should you choose to go down the side repeater delete route :thumbs:

Please let me know if you need any more assistance :)

Best Regards,

Gaz

Ok I've spoken to the accident repair place, its at the insurance approved one so i could get my sexy lil yaris coutesy car :yuck: - good that i can get to work though!#

Anyway, they have been authorised to order the parts and carry out the work, its total bill is... £6k!!!! :scare:

Thank you to everyone who has posted and pm'd so far with offers of help and parts, awesome! but doing it through the insurance and launching a claim against the borough council so it all has to be pretty much all new oem parts from nissan apparently! :yawn: boring! lol

They have assured me that the chasiss is straight and here is a list of parts

Front Bumper

wing

Indicators

Light

Wheel

Tyre

Front control arms

Hub assembly

Strut

Washer

Arch liner

pretty much as i thought but bloody hell, the prices form Nissan!

I have had a word with the bodyshop manager about aftermarket parts and he is not prepared to fit an aftermarket bumper on the grounds he always find they require a good few hours more paint and prep to fit than standard and thats whats been quoted. He is very willing to paint and or fit a bolt on front lip spoiler and i havent asked but hopefully clear front repeaters!

He asked me to find a pic of the spoiler i want and email it to him then he can work out whats required, so that gives me a challenge at lunch time :teeth:

o and thanks Gaz for the pick of the stroesk bumper, i rang you or a colleague at envy just before the bodyshop rang back and i wont be able to take the bumper now but will proably be in contact about the reflectors!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Z back this morning :yahoo::clap:

there was no structural damage, the big bits were bumper, light wing, wheel, tire, wishbones, hub, track rod.

At least i've got rid of the stone chips! :teeth:

Council wont admit liability, waiting on insurance legal advice but atm i dont care as i have the car back and the long journey to work has never felt so good!

I'll be driving very carefully for a while in it! "see if you can last more than 12 days" was my lil bros comments yestersday - cheeky oik! lol

yep gonna avoid using it for the weekly commute apart from the odd day i think and go back to the passat - i its better than putting 700 miles+ a week on the z!

Its completely standard again, they wouldnt fit any aftermarket bumpers and i couldnt get a splitter or clear front markers in time.

I bought a damaged nismo v2 bumper (copy i think) bumper off ebay 2 weeks ago but am a big concerned as i havent heard a thing from the seller and havent recieved the item, i was gonna trial fit this myslef after repairing and removing the canards and smoothing it out then take it back to them (just the bumper) for them to spray in the same colour with the same mix of paint... but that doesnt seem to be happening if the bumper doesnt turn up soon! :angry:

So i think if i cant get the v2 bumper i'll get a carbon front splitter and speak to gaz at envy about some clear indicators when they arrive from the states and just fit them for now, minimal outlay and i think it'll look great but considdering i've been stung with the £600 excess the wallets a bit dentedand i'd prefer the nurrish sat nav system first!

Its actually better condition than i bought her in, there was i strange scuff on the middle of the bumper that couldnt be machine polished off and a fair few stone chips that are no longer there :D

I have the old wheel and tire as well - the tire is undamaged and had only done 1500 miles and i'll get my mate to check the wheel out (his friend runs www.wheelrefurbishing.com) if its straight or can be straightened then i'll get it repaitned - its scratched and the edge is damaged and keep it as a spare