Wanted 350Z PX For MKIV Supra.

Tricky-Ricky

Well, I dunno about all you stat obsessed people, but I'm just enjoying the ride...

What's the point of going fast......you'll only be a blur to passers-by.

So slow down a little and let people have a nice look at your car :teeth:

Quite right Mark! These days, its about looking GOOD going slow :thumbs:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to offend anyone as the thread has gone both ways so far, but maybe you could 'upgrade/downgrade/whatever' by throwing your car in against a 350 in a px and add some cash, this way you may end up with a right spanker that's already had some power mods, so you still get that straight line speed you're after?

All the best either way and hope you get what you're after :thumbs:

Not to offend anyone as the thread has gone both ways so far, but maybe you could 'upgrade/downgrade/whatever' by throwing your car in against a 350 in a px and add some cash, this way you may end up with a right spanker that's already had some power mods, so you still get that straight line speed you're after?

Maybe I could read the date on the post before I waste my time typing nonsense :bounce:

My whole point was NOT to add cash, to reiterate, i am looking for a 350Z around the value of 10-11K with cash my way, but thanks for the bump anyway :)

just read this post and i have to say that a supra would be an upgrade for someone looking for a really well built car as toyota are proberly the best built cars that come out of japan ,mind lexus is a toyota,the supra must be the easiest car from japan to get huge power for little money,one thing though is looks the 350 oozes looks (depends on colour)and the supra well its really ugley eh lol,the supra ,skyline gtr and honda nsx are proberly the best performance cars to come out of japan.

their is more to life than fast cars though.

True! they are very well built, as for huge power being cheap, its not, unless you call 6 -10K to convert to a single turbo with all the ancillaries.

You can get an easy 50-60 BHP for about 1K by decat etc,you then end up with around 380BHP, but to get big power takes a big single turbo, or big twins, then 8-900BHP is not out of reach, with 550-600BHP attainable with std engine internals, and 6-700BHP with a few carefully chosen engine parts.

Looks wise its very much an eye of the beholder thing, and i personally think they look great, and better than the 350Z IMO, they are the kind of car that people see in their rear view mirror and move over for, and i have seen people flinch at the sound of the screamer pipe when overtaking :)

yep i see wat you mean but i was on about getting power out a standard engine before you have to go forged,mind to get power from an aspirated Z would cost crazy money compared to the supra,most people have never driven a powerfull turbo car but are always ready to comment on wat thay dont know,i have had 2 evos which takes the breath from me also had a gtr skyline,now i have an old bmw 8series 4.4 fuel guzzler :teeth:

mind to get power from an aspirated Z would cost crazy money

This is one of the reasons i want a 350Z, it will prevent me spending thousands ;) trying to get more power, you just can't get big power from an N/A without adding turbos/superchargers etc.

Or you will spend hundreds of thousands ;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...

We've had a supra TT for around 9 years.

Build quality is MUCH better then the zed (most old japs are way better then the new ones). My zed (in 2 years) has broken down and things going wrong with it... where as our mildly tuned supra has NEVER once put a foot wrong.

Having said that, for sheer driving pleasure I do prefer the zed because I like the N/A power delivery. Turbo's are awsome but the supra tends to be all over the place when you kick it round bends. I reckon a supercharged zed would be nicer to drive then a single turbo supra.. but thats just my opinion. The only thing I'd chop my zed in for now is a 34 or 35 GTR... as I don't have money for either.. I think I'm gonna be supercharging in the near future! :)

Yes build quality is better, and i agree about a supercharged Z :thumbs: its funny that a lot of Z owners seem to aspire to an R34GTR Skyline, but after driving R32 and R33 (not 34) i went for the Supra.

The reason being they are way too expensive to make quick, and they are just too easy to drive near the limit, takes all the fun out of it ;)

On the other hand it takes a certain amount of skill to do the same with the Supra, as you have already found that out (no offence intended) :)

Definately takes time and skill to master a supra. The turbo kicking in can take a person by supprise! :bounce:

Good luck with the sale buddy! You'll soon start your FI project on the zed no matter how much you deny it now.. ;)

LOL! Thanks! The turbo kicking in and catching people out, is mainly the std or BPU twin turbo, they can make positive boost as low as 1,500 RPM, it doesn't really happen with a single turbo, unless you have a lead right foot ;)

All the GTRs have four wheel drive, but its like an early version of the proportional system that Mitsubishi use on the Lancers, in that it only sends around 30-40% of the power to the front wheels, which is why they have such great levels of grip.

The R34 market is all over the place at the moment :dry: Some great cars have gone for silly prices though. One sold for 17.5K a few weeks with loads of HKS goodies & had been fully maintained by Abbey since it was new. It was sold before I even clicked the link for it :( Its back up for sale now though at 25K

A lot of big power GTRs and Supras are getting grabbed by dealers from Europe, due to price drops/recession, and then sold at a hefty profit,

Had some cheeky sod string me along the other week making out he was really interested in my Supra, asked for loads of pics, and then made me a silly offer, when i tolled him to take a jump, it turned out he was a dealer in Germany, its not like i hadn't told him my best price, its happening more and more on car forums.

A lot of big power GTRs and Supras are getting grabbed by dealers from Europe, due to price drops/recession, and then sold at a hefty profit,

Had some cheeky sod string me along the other week making out he was really interested in my Supra, asked for loads of pics, and then made me a silly offer, when i tolled him to take a jump, it turned out he was a dealer in Germany, its not like i hadn't told him my best price, its happening more and more on car forums.

The £ is weak against the Euro also, I've seen a lot of GTRs recentley get sold to European based people.

The R34 market is all over the place at the moment :dry: Some great cars have gone for silly prices though. One sold for 17.5K a few weeks with loads of HKS goodies & had been fully maintained by Abbey since it was new. It was sold before I even clicked the link for it :( Its back up for sale now though at 25K

how much?! Don't tell me it was bayside blue or I will cry!