nixy

I am flying to my parents in france next wednesday straight after the hoon. My wonderful ex decided to point out to me i am flying on 09/09/09 and that I should keep my eyes peeled. The reason? Apparently 9/11 was orchestrated to coincide with the emergency number in the USA and so he tells me he has 'heard' that there are worries something will happen on 999. What a pillock for telling me that! I can only think he wants to make me nervous - however I don't think Bergerac Airport which is literally a small tent will be anything to worry about.....

:lol::lol::lol: I bloody hate flying! Just won't let it stop me travelling but honestly, a big hunk of metal in the sky? WTF is that all about? :lol:

Oh, hadn't realised that. Look at it this way Nic, there will be thousands of planes in the sky that day, not just the one you are on, chances are it's mumbo jumbo. Have a lovely time :) Should have some super new club jackets later this week, so something to take your mind off it, I hope you like them :)

flying is dead safe ;) your more likely do die in a car crash than on a plane. if your going by cheesy jet, then the most danger your in would be from catching a cold. there planes aren't big enough to be used as an effective strategic weapon by terrorists. if they were going to do something stupid it would be with something bigger, and it would be on a flight heading for the UK not out of it. especially as security isn't as good outside the UK.

also my dad is an aerospace engineer, and works for a company that maintains alot of the aircraft and they are very good. :thumbs:

flying is dead safe ;) your more likely do die in a car crash than on a plane. if your going by cheesy jet, then the most danger your in would be from catching a cold. there planes aren't big enough to be used as an effective strategic weapon by terrorists. if they were going to do something stupid it would be with something bigger, and it would be on a flight heading for the UK not out of it. especially as security isn't as good outside the UK.

What he said - the numbers might be significant but it's still far more dangerous just hitting the motorways of an evening (sad after reading of a major crash on a road not far from me). Don't know the bit about it being your ex but as someone who knows a stupid amount about 9/11 and 7/7 I'm reckoning they'll do something again eventually but nearer the deadline for Iran invasion time.

Enjoy the holiday!

-TPO.

I am flying to my parents in france next wednesday straight after the hoon. My wonderful ex decided to point out to me i am flying on 09/09/09 and that I should keep my eyes peeled. The reason? Apparently 9/11 was orchestrated to coincide with the emergency number in the USA and so he tells me he has 'heard' that there are worries something will happen on 999. What a pillock for telling me that! I can only think he wants to make me nervous - however I don't think Bergerac Airport which is literally a small tent will be anything to worry about.....

What a load of c0ck!

9/11 only works if you are american, because it's the way they say dates, we would have said 11/9, not 9/11.

Also there is no mention of the year either, so meh, could have happened any year.

09/09/09...afaik, the UK emergency number is 999, not 090909.

Just forget about this nonsense and realize why he is your ex and not your current (He's on my slaplist now)

Have a nice trip Nixy

Sorry Nixy

You will be fine - I was just messing.

Was not really the right thing to write, and I apologise if you took it seriously

:sorry:

:lol: no don't be daft of course i never, it was funny! I just feel like i've been defended by a big gang of macho brothers (and sister)! (although i realise some of you are actually quite puny..........) Thanks guys :lol:

Sorry Nixy

You will be fine - I was just messing.

Was not really the right thing to write, and I apologise if you took it seriously

:sorry:

:lol: no don't be daft of course i never, it was funny! I just feel like i've been defended by a big gang of macho brothers (and sister)! (although i realise some of you are actually quite puny..........) Thanks guys :lol:

Could you do me a little favour oh lovely Nichola?

Could you PM me the address of your ex?

I got to introduce him to a real good friend of mine that goes by the name of Mr. Slugger......Louisville Slugger....

By the time they finish hugging, I'm sure someone will have to use the 999 number...

:lol::lol::lol: I bloody hate flying! Just won't let it stop me travelling but honestly, a big hunk of metal in the sky? WTF is that all about? :lol:

Hey they can make a few thousand tones of metal float on the sea. :scare: WTF is that all about

as you can guess i dont do big boats :dummy:

Gilly

I arrived back from America the day before 9/11. The following September I flew to America on the 14th and a lot of friends said I must be mad. I figured it was probably the safest time as security would be high around that time. You'll have no problem travelling to France Nic, I don't even think planes are a target anymore.

flying is dead safe ;) your more likely do die in a car crash than on a plane.

Yes but how likely is it that your car will be hi-jacked!!?? :p

Nixy - Think of it this way, they attacked us on 7/7 that has nothing to do with our emergency number, you'll be fine sweetheart. Altough, i am a firefighter at an airport and believe it or not there are charts/diagrams showing the best places to sit and the survival rates. Choose wisely!

Muttley