Whats that? A Nissan What?

Woody

I was at the petrol station yesterday, filling up. When a caught the guy in front admiring my car. I felt quite chuffed and continued to fill up. Then I saw him, in the corner of my eye, start to walk over and the following conversation took place.

Bloke: Hi, Thats a nice car.

Me: Thanks Mate.

Bloke: So What is it then?

Me: What do you mean?

Bloke: What is it? A Nissan what?

At this point I pause, thinking is this guy crazy or just taking the micky.

Me: Its a Nissan 350z

Bloke: Ive never seen one of them before.

Me: Are you kidding, there's loads around.

Bloke: Nah, Ive never seen one before.

I then continued to tell him about the car and how there are a few dotted around the area, how it has been on TV, Films and computer games. Anyway I finished filling up and left on my way.

I could not believe that this guy hadn't seen a 350Z before ever. Was he taking the mick out of me or does this guy live in a cave? :lol:

No mate

Its true.... believe it or not there are people that know f.all about cars, mine is de-badged and ive had it a couple of times - "whats that then bud ????", theres hardly any in Derby !!!

Take it as a compliment, I do :thumbs:

PS not all blokes play computer games :lol::lol::lol:

( I happen to be one that does on occasion :blush: )

We were parked on the pub car park after our mini meet a week or so ago. I went into get a drink. A couple at the bar asked what was with the flash cars on the car park.

The landlord said " Its one of the locals and his Mazda owners club having a little get together"

:scare::surrender:

lol, funnily enough i parked my car in a dundee shopping center only to return to it catching two car park attendends looking round it with a fine tooth comb. Initailly though i was getting a ticket for parking over the line but they were having a good look over, they asked me who made it and everything. Can't believe how many people have not seen them before. Since I got my CF bonnet i get heaps of schoolkids waving at me and giving me thumbs up :lol: it would be gary glitters dream car :lol:

R

Plenty of people that don't have the foggiest about cars, let alone drive them, guys too. A guy in another club (not a car club), was asking some questions about a service he'd just had done on his car, asking about what he'd been charged, asking if I thought it was excessive. Anyway, then I say to him you drive a Nissan don't you, answer "yes". Here's the funny part, he goes "do they still make cars". Yes this is very true, happened on Sunday. :doh::lol: Me politely laughing heartily on the inside. ;)

Hahaa..

Just last week i was parked in Mc'Donalds carpark and two guys walked over arguing "No its not.. Yes it is" etc..

So one of them asks "please tell me i'm right and he is wrong, i think this car is a Nissan 350z and he thinks its a Skyline" .......... then there was a slight pause as i look at my mate [pause] :blink: ..... [/pause] ... nuff said.

I think allot of people just don't pay much attention to other cars on the road.

My dad wanted a spin in mine so popped round and one of their friends was there. "ooh that looks sporty, is it new because I've never seen one of them before". She'd probably seen plenty around and thought the same thing every time. Just not interested enough to actually remember the car model and name.

Still it does get attention for all (most..) the right reasons at least :)

Nipped to the shop last night & just as I'd got back in the car a women with her son pulled up. Straight away the young lad was giving the thumbs up to me which he repeated as soon as he got out. No matter the age or sex it's great to have the Zed appreciated by others.

i'm a teacher and the car has helped me achieve, what i can only call a god like status :lol: i have students who i don't even teach come up and say, "your the one with the 350z". down side is i think most of the teachers think i'm a pr1ck. well the ones i don't know, i'm fairly new there and its a big school so don't know most of the staff there.

:scare: i'm not a gary glitter wanna be :scare:

believe me you never look at them in that way, its like having 1200 little brothers and sisters, they just annoy the hell out of you. your more likely to want to beat the hell out of them than touch them. plus you don't know where most of them have been.

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

down side is i think most of the teachers think i'm a pr1ck. well the ones i don't know, i'm fairly new there and its a big school so don't know most of the staff there.

Just tell the ones that think you're a pr1ck...."OI! It's not an Audi TT alright!, it's a Nissan......A NEE-sahn" (Link with audio http://inogolo.com/query.php?desc=1929&key=1 )