The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Some of you on The Wales meet will know that I had to go home early to feed the cats. Well, the older cats can look after themselves for a few days, plenty of mice and rabbits around here but the new kittens can't fend for themselves just yet. Here are the offending kittens that cut my Wales weekend short. I also popped after the Saturday run to feed them as well :blush: .

P1016032_zps55a9dd87.jpg

P1016036_zps3b1b56ff.jpg

P1016034_zps3a064857.jpg

P1016035_zpsf0857374.jpg

P1016039_zps2df2374a.jpg

Pete

Your lucky Mary didn't see them over the weekend Pete or Darren would have been sharing the back seat home :lol:

(just to upset the quotes within quotes thread :blush: )

he wouldn't have missed one of them dave - he has so many :teeth::surrender:

Seems Pete is a real pussy magnet...

Sent from the golf club...

indeed he is - jelous or what...........ps nice pics

Well we took our little chocolate sausage to the vets today. She's been getting less and less interested in walks so much so she just lies down and wants to watch the world go by

That said at training she does really well but earlier this week the trainer advised us to get her checked out as she's started "kicking" one of her back legs out.

She's now on a course of anti inflammatory in the hope that at best it's a pulled cruciate and at worst it's hip displacia.

At 19 months old out fingers are crossed.

Here's the little lady in question

6F75AFFD-78DD-4D5B-AFB0-3FC7506F55C8_zps4o2zyihy.jpg

• Like 1

Well we took our little chocolate sausage to the vets today. She's been getting less and less interested in walks so much so she just lies down and wants to watch the world go by

That said at training she does really well but earlier this week the trainer advised us to get her checked out as she's started "kicking" one of her back legs out.

She's now on a course of anti inflammatory in the hope that at best it's a pulled cruciate and at worst it's hip displacia.

At 19 months old out fingers are crossed.

Here's the little lady in question

6F75AFFD-78DD-4D5B-AFB0-3FC7506F55C8_zps4o2zyihy.jpg

Get well soon choccy :)

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

Well she seems to be walking better so fingers crossed it's just a pull.

That said we spent all day at a "scent training" class today. We were initially concerned it met be too much for her but the trainer assured us it wouldn't be.

How right she was, Hetti loved the class as did all the other dogs and owners. Hetti is quite switched on when it comes to matters of the nose (or at least we think she is) it was great fun and I'd recommend other dog owners to give this a go if they have the opportunity.

I was half expecting to see Squee and Nismo to be fair :)

Well she seems to be walking better so fingers crossed it's just a pull.

That said we spent all day at a "scent training" class today. We were initially concerned it met be too much for her but the trainer assured us it wouldn't be.

How right she was, Hetti loved the class as did all the other dogs and owners. Hetti is quite switched on when it comes to matters of the nose (or at least we think she is) it was great fun and I'd recommend other dog owners to give this a go if they have the opportunity.

I was half expecting to see Squee and Nismo to be fair :)

Glad she is on the mend :)

Thanks SMD and nice tank setup.

I had a friend who spent months building a big tank and allowing the living rocks etc to acclimatise or whatever it's called before adding fish. He had the tank in a room with a sofa and nothing else. I found I'd sit there and watch them for ages too. They can be so relaxing :thumbs::)

EDIT: fixed grammatical errors

Edited by Fodder

Thanks SMD and nice tank setup.

I had a friend who spent months building a big tank and allowing the living rocks etc to acclimatise or whatever it's called before adding fish. He had the tank in a room with a sofa and nothing else. I found I'd sit there and watch them for ages too. They can be so relaxing :thumbs::)

EDIT: fixed grammatical errors

Yes very relaxing :)

No eggs left now they all got eaten :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mates,

lost this two fellows on february and april this year due to cancer,.....................it was hard and i am still missing this 2 loyal dogs.

pic1 is "Ridgy" a rhodesian ridgeback

post-22742-0-27897900-1408190624_thumb.jpg

and pic2 is "Lina" we adopted from an animal shelter from creta.

post-22742-0-55021100-1408254510_thumb.jpg

Our new dog Spike,....Cane Corso-Rottweiler-Mix,....9 month old and still growing

6gzcdykfgkk.jpg

Edited by Z_Lover

Sadly, our Black Cat, Sooty, had to be put to sleep recently. He was 15 and we found him in our garden as a kitten together with his brother and his mum. They both passed away last year so he was the last of the family. Anyway, we decided to get a Bengal kitten (and finished up with 3 of them :blush: ) . They are very interesting, to say the least :lol: and definitely not for beginners, they are noisy, hyperactive, love water and can leap to amazing heights. On the plus side though they are very friendly, almost dog like really and shed very little hair. Anyway, here's one of them together with one of her friends, our 1 year old Calico. More pictures later.

P1016155_zps715ba6a3.jpg

Pete

• Like 2

Beautiful cats Pete, I think next time we are in Wales we will have to invite ourselves round to see the cats.... oh and you and Caroline of course ;)

Sorry to hear about sooty, but 15 is good going for a cat, was obviously very well cared for :)

Edited by spursmaddave

Here's a few of the Dog's smile.gif enjoy...

6337282680_98afe5cdc4.jpg

Aphie GWP and Goshawk by Raptor_Uk, on Flickr

6337280144_3def6dc553.jpg

Barney by Raptor_Uk, on Flickr

6337281180_2564954612.jpg

Barney Sat on Car by Raptor_Uk, on Flickr

More to Follow smile.gif

Am I the only one that sees the eagle/hawk in the top photo?

Please tell me that is yours as a pet :scare: That is the most awesome thing i've seen

lovely snaps regardless

Sorry to hear of your loss again Pete :(

Our pup has had another growth spurt but still a little over weight and not wanting to walk. We are hoping it's a phase but apparently not uncommon in choc labs. Anyway here she is taking over my seat in the house

639BE514-F9F0-4B53-B2A2-767545B2D5CA_zpsyqbbsent.jpg

• Like 1

I know this is a car forum but this is my favourite thread by a mile :)

It's nice to see so many people genuinely proud of their pets and to see so many beautiful animals :)

Too many people these days have pets as trophies or just to be fashionable imo

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear of your loss again Pete :(

That's the way it is with pets, you just have to accept that unless you get something like a parrot their lives are relatively short. Doesn't make it any easier but at least I know they had good lives. With cats in general they have very few health issues until they hit 14 or so, 2 of the 3 cats that died recently hadn't visited a vet since they were neutered back in 2000. Sooty had been poorly for 18 months and eventually succumbed to a liver condition. One of our cats lived to 20 and never visited the vet, other than to be vaccinated and neutered when she was one.

Pete

• Like 2