How much do you pay on insurance??

chrisjones6699

100% sure. i rang the number at the bottom of your profile and was told that you couldnt quote me. I cant remember the name of the guy that i spoke to sorry.

Ive been driving since 2003 as a named driver and got my own policy 2 years ago. the insurance company im with now have taken on board my named driver no claims but i still have a high premium!

What would you recommend Tim?

Ps im 28.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% sure. i rang the number at the bottom of your profile and was told that you couldnt quote me. I cant remember the name of the guy that i spoke to sorry.

Ive been driving since 2003 as a named driver and got my own policy 2 years ago. the insurance company im with now have taken on board my named driver no claims but i still have a high premium!

What would you recommend Tim?

Ps im 28.

No-one knew of your name from today either!

Just give the team a ring and let me know how you go.

Right Tim, I did call back and i just happened to speak to the same guy as earlier (i asked his name this time), Gordon. He has informed me that you cant quote me because i have no quote for you to mirror.....? I have had a quote from Bell for £748 with 1 yrs NC. he's still saying that because im still using my policy, im not able to "bring over" my NC and the only way for you to beat that quote is for me to cancel my policy, phone Bell, get that quote, phone you and tell you that Bell has quoted me £748 and THEN you can beat it. This all sounds a little strange to me. Is this correct Tim? Should getting insurance be this difficult? :S

Hi Chris

Just had a chat with him & now I know!

Your other quote on the second car is taking into account the NCB on your first car but you can't use NCB on more than one car.

Hence we believe the Bell quote is wrong because when they ask you for your 1 years NCB, it will still be being used on the other policy & so is invalid on this one meaning they will charge you more money when they realise!

It's a daft rule imo but applies in the UK.

We can still quote but without applicable NCB though we would give you a reasonable introductory discount.

The bottom line is the price after all!

• 2 months later...

Fuly Comp

Garaged

3 yrs NCB

15k a year

£1300

The special Z discount isnt applicable as chris knott only covers over 25's! despite the fact the ncb's were attained on a grp 16 gti and 18 corrado, wasnt happy.

Is it any wonder there are so amny uninsured young drivers on the road!

but i suppose i'll have to see next year!

Me 26 + Gf 28

6yrs NCB (protected)

Clean Licence's

Driveway

10k a year

£530 - Priviledge - The cheapest by far for me. :thumbs:

One word of warning... Sky Insurance... I wont deal with them anymore. Bad customer service!

Waited nearly 60 days for a refund when they wanted to charge me an EXTRA £520 ontop of the £510 I had already paid for My Civic Type-R to change the insurance. (which was only 3 weeks into my policy) to the Z.

When i questioned them as to why they were so expensive compared to anyone else, their reply was "you are young, you are bound to write it off within the first year" :bang::rant:

Hey mate, it's through admiral, get a quote online with no reg number but the correct car. Then ring up with the quote number and add the reg. Found they were charging another £150 for no reason! Not sure why as my car came up on the screen when I gave the reg.

Only downside is you have to pay upfront, monthly would be 1300! Only found that out when I went to pick the car up :doh:

Me 26 + Gf 28

6yrs NCB (protected)

Clean Licence's

Driveway

10k a year

£530 - Priviledge - The cheapest by far for me. :thumbs:

One word of warning... Sky Insurance... I wont deal with them anymore. Bad customer service!

Waited nearly 60 days for a refund when they wanted to charge me an EXTRA £520 ontop of the £510 I had already paid for My Civic Type-R to change the insurance. (which was only 3 weeks into my policy) to the Z.

When i questioned them as to why they were so expensive compared to anyone else, their reply was "you are young, you are bound to write it off within the first year" :bang::rant:

Maybe they saw your captain broadside signature :lol::lol::drive1

• 8 months later...

Ok, so i renewed my insurance yesterday..... This is a goodun!!

So this year, this is what i could give them....

Self employed security consultant

29yr old male

3yrs no claims

x2 additional drivers (partner + brother, infrequent drivers)

SP30 (so just the 3 points + £60 fine)

last years premium- £1300

This years premium- £1180!! :scare: (Bell)

Is someone having a laugh with me?? I know i picked up 3 points but surly i should be paying a lot less than that!?

Chris Nott was my favorite phone call yesterday. I was asked what i do for a living, I replied (as i always have) "security consultant" and then i was asked to go into detail about what that is (never had to do that with anyone before) and once i had, i was told that they would not insure me and then told that if i dont tell my insurer every single time i change clients, my policy would be void! THEN, told that they would not add my girlfriend to the policy because she had not had at least one years experience driving my car!?!? Errrmmmm how is she supposed to get experience if they wont insure her!?! :lol::lol:

29yr old male

3yrs no claims

Contracts Manager

24yr old male

1yrs no claims

x1 additional driver (dad, infrequent)

Zero points etc

last years - about 3k (cant remember exactly)

This years premium - £1090!! :yahoo: (Thats is for 10 months though)

So yeah, does sound pretty expensive especially as I had a lot of mods to declare. Maybe its your postcode?

Ok, so i renewed my insurance yesterday..... This is a goodun!!

So this year, this is what i could give them....

29yr old male

3yrs no claims

Job = none of their business, social & pleasure only :)

25 yr old male

2 years no claims

+1 driver (mum, never drives it)

Sp30 (3points)

£610 non protected, 12 months.

How come you guys are paying so much!

All mods declared - and I have a couple!

24 years old

IT Manager

6 years protected no claims

clean licence

3 drivers (including 22 year old Girlfriend)

£600 will Admiral - Monthly payments!

35 years old

IT (wireless) Engineer

10 years protected no claims

clean licence

18K per Year

Named Driver - Ms Doogrev

All Mods declared

£534 with Chris Knott (Monthly Payments)