The Pacific

kObi

At long last, here's the trailer for HBO's "The Pacific," the long-awaited follow-up to Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg's beloved WWII war epic "Band of Brothers."

"The Pacific" has reportedly a budget around $200 million which, if correct, would almost certainly make it the most expensive TV project of all time. The new mini has quite a legacy to live up to when it debuts next year. Though its initial post-9/11 run on HBO was relatively lackluster, "Band of Brothers" kept gathering fans as the years passed. Runs on basic cable networks such as History Channel followed. The DVD set for "Brothers" still manages to float into the top ranks of Amazon's best-selling DVDs (and is currently selling great in Blu-ray).

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/trailer- ... cific.html

Looks awesome! really loved band of brothers so i cant wait for this!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sound interesting - HBO do some of the best stuff - shame they keep it home market a lot of the time?

Did you ever See Carnival - the weirdest but most compulsive series ever - and they sodding chopped it! Bar tenders! :rant:

Awesome thx for sharing :yahoo:

didn't even know about this till now, will keep me eye out for the new series next year.

BTW have got the Band of Brothers in the limited edition metal tin :)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have seen the fitst two episodes via a certain torrent site, second episode was better than the first i feel. It will obviously be compared a lot with band of brothers but where in BOB you felt like you got to know the characters and there were a lot of personalities, thus far i dont have that.

Very much enjoying it though!

yeah im the same. seen the first 2 episodes. amazing! thing i like better about the pacific than BOB is in BOB you gotta wait till what the 3rd episode till you see and action? where as in this one it goes straight into it. Althought i did say to myself after the 2nd episode "emm, overkill much?". Im sure the marines would of faced about 50 guys, then the producers said "how about we add another zero on the end of that?". But i wouldnt worry nrenz, im sure in the next episode we will learn more about the guys(dont really wanna give any info out to those that arent watching it).

***SPOILER ALERT***

Just incase nobody knows, the americans win.

Is this going to be a Sky HD exclusive or will it be shown on plain old sky movies..........?

The adverts confuse me :dry:

It's on Sky Movies SD as well.

I won't be reading this thread until wednesdays or thursdays as I'm already recording 2 programmes at 10pm on a Monday and have to wait until Tuesday to record "The Pacific" - I know you lot will just ruin every episode if I read in here before i watch it.

Just wondering if those who watched on Torrent sites also drive off without paying at the petrol station?

Is this going to be a Sky HD exclusive or will it be shown on plain old sky movies..........?

I won't be reading this thread until wednesdays or thursdays as I'm already recording 2 programmes at 10pm on a Monday and have to wait until Tuesday to record "The Pacific" - I know you lot will just ruin every episode if I read in here before i watch it.

Just wondering if those who watched on Torrent sites also drive off without paying at the petrol station?

I watched BOB online when it came out, and then bought the boxset when It came out because it was that good. I'm evens. Anyway, Sky is too expensive for me.

I have SKY HD, i will be buying the box set when it comes out also. Oh and no i havent driven off without paying for petrol.