Should I buy Falken FK-452

larsdowg

Hi everyone,

just looking on blackcircle and can see I can get Falken FK-452 for £127.05 plus the 350Zforum discount from the discounts section for a 245/45/18...........

Are these good tyres? as don't know much about Falkens never driven on them??? Presently have the Bridgestone RE040 tyres on from new but the back ones are really in need of changing :scare:

Any opinions on this rubber?

Cheers everyone

Larsdowg

I've had Falkens on the Z and my previous car, Civic Type R and cannot fault them, wet or dry. And they have a really sporty looking tread pattern. Plenty on here use them and highly rated. I swapped Michelin Pilot Sports for them and am very very happy and my wallet thanked me for it.

Hi mate, have a look on camskill.co.uk - they can provide Falkens at good prices.

I swapped my Bridgestones for Falken a few months ago and have been happy with them so far :thumbs:

Hi there thanks for the reply,

yeah used Camskill before they are spot on as used to buy bits for my FTO and Scooby from them.....

Need them fitted really though so Blackcircle might look like the boys for the job.

Cheers

Larsdowg

cheers for your comments guys

Can a moderator please supply me with the 5% discount code :D

Also got this model on blackcircle Falken Ziex ZE-912 which one should I be buying?

Falken Ziex ZE-912 or Falken FK-452 only a few quid in it so........

thanks again all

Larsdowg

Best think I did was change from the standard killer Bridgestones to Falcons - excellent tyres - everyone says they dontlast - they are too soft but I've done 10K on mine now and they are only down 1 mm - not bad (well its motorway driving mostly) but they are a spot on tyre - go for it.

Camskill I got mine or even try Falken tyres direct? :thumbs:

Hi, I've just had Falkens all round (2 weeks ago) from Camskills for £399 delivered. Was advised of a fitter near me so got them delivered there and then fitted with valves and balancing for £40.

Saved me a shedload over Blackcircles :yahoo:

It's worth saying where abouts your based to see if anyone can advise of a known fitter in your area, otherwise you should come up trumps by phoning around some of the main tyre places.

I got 452's fitted from black circles and at the time the price with the forum discount beat camskills. I am really pleased with them they haven't put a foot wrong and I was fine out in the sticks in winter as well.

If you do change your tyres make sure you get them done all round. Have heard stories it can cause TCS issues if you use different rubber on front and back.

I wouldnt say that at all, it just varies the grip levels, i.e if you get a nice sticky tyre in the rear and a less grippy in the front it might feel a bit weird to drive but unless you are pushing it around a track i doubt you would ever notice!!!

ive been running Eagle F1's on the back and 452 up front for about 14000 miles now with no issues what so ever.

If you do change your tyres make sure you get them done all round. Have heard stories it can cause TCS issues if you use different rubber on front and back.

I wouldnt say that at all, it just varies the grip levels, i.e if you get a nice sticky tyre in the rear and a less grippy in the front it might feel a bit weird to drive but unless you are pushing it around a track i doubt you would ever notice!!!

ive been running Eagle F1's on the back and 452 up front for about 14000 miles now with no issues what so ever.

Yeah I kinda agree, I did run different tyres on a Scooby which was AWD this was when I bought it though (same mix BS and EF1's), soon changed to Eagle F1's all round and the difference was amazing but with rear wheel or front wheel drive from my experience and what I have read on different forums it doesnt make much difference.........

Suppose it would if you had Michelins on the front and Hancook £30 budgets on the back :lol:

In that thread you referanced the common denominator is always the bridgestones which have been said are a poor tyre choice for the zed.

im just speaking from personal experience, and driving across some lairy roads in Europe, hitting the top speed limiter and having some shall we call it, spirited driving i have never suffered any issues at all with a goodyear/falken mix

Dan

In that thread you referanced the common denominator is always the bridgestones which have been said are a poor tyre choice for the zed.

im just speaking from personal experience, and driving across some lairy roads in Europe, hitting the top speed limiter and having some shall we call it, spirited driving i have never suffered any issues at all with a goodyear/falken mix

Dan

+1 I have TR1s on the front and 452s on the back and it drives perfectly. Took it round Silverstone last week and they stood up to the test. Only thing I found is that the car was prone to understeering (only slightly) as I think the 452s are a softer compound :)

Lifted from the Falken website......

Asymmetric Performance tyre suitable for small to mid sized cars. New asymmetric pattern with 4 wide circumferential grooves making the ZE 912 an incredibly stable tyre at high speed, and under heavy braking. New lateral groove design creates significantly improved water displacement performance with higher land ratio on the outer blocks of the tread resulting in higher load handling when cornering. Typically suited to performance hatch backs, small to mid sized executive/family saloons and MPV's. Target vehicles include anything from 120 to 250bhp.

you might want to consider the last statement in light of how much power the Zed has.

Love my 452's great tyre but then I only ever had the bridgestones to compare too on the Zed!

Only issue was with wear... But I was running +4 camber on the rears so I only really used a 1/3 of the rear tyres!! Fronts are still fine and the rear camber is sorted!!

recently had 912's put on front to replace the bridgestone, £110 each fitted. I have no complaints, feel more grippy than the worn bridgestone, which i guess is obvious as new v's old, but feels very safe, no fear of lack of front end grip at all, and I have had some fun on local b roads and driven in the wet. Would have probably got 452's after having spent more time reading up on them on forum, but I have no complaints with them.