Should I buy Falken FK-452

larsdowg

Well up to you, but I'd have a read of this first:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20393&hilit=tcs+killed

Interesting reading......... think I will buy some Falkens and give it a go, summer should be ok if I have issues I can always get the fronts swapped as well they have got load on tread left on them though so think I will wait and see how unhappy the ZED feels :thumbs: or :thumbdown: watch this space

Larsdowg

Here's my thoughts:-

Ran on 'Stones originally and had nothing to compare with but they were crap in the wet.

Changed to MPS (not PS2's) and they were a massive improvement but expensive. However I was getting 15k out of the rears and I got 30k out of the front set, therefore I only had to change the rears once to keep the match.

I then changed to Falken FK452's to save money as the MPS were £700 a full set and FK452's were around £380 a full set.

I must say the MPS were the best but expensive, I don't think I'll get anywhere near 15k out of the rears of the 452's - maybe more like 12k, and maybe a tad more out of the fronts, say 14k but not 30k like the MPS!!! I have noticed the 452's do understeer when pushing in bends and they don't like broken tarmac and the feedback in the wheel is telling me this. Whereas the MPS were far superior.

But for a daily drive on motorways, in the wet, around town I must say the 452' s are as good as the best. It's really whether you can justify expensive tyres for total performance. I don't think you can beat the 452's for their money.

• 2 months later...

Been running on Falken 452's now for about 500 miles thank everyone for the replies, I managed to get the Front for just over £110 and the rears for about £115

Pushed it in the wet and also in the dry (to the best of my driving ability that is ;) ) and am pretty chuffed with them........ different feel to the BStones but when you get used to it they are a sound circle of rubber!

Thanks again and happy :drive1 everyone!!

LarsDowg