hey :bye:

hopefully on wednesday i will be picking up my 350z roadster.  Trading in my toyota mr2 roadster cos i think its about time to get something a bit more grown up now im 25.  had to have the convertible cos i think i would miss not being able to have the roof down on them couple of sunny weekends we get every year. B)

Think i might end up with arms like popeye with all the washing and polishing i gonna be doing cos i plumped for a black one. i never had a black car before.

girly question now. is it a good idea to have rear parking sensors fitted given the small size of the back window and the large size of the car compared to what i have had previous? Has anyone had this done? Did you fit em yourself? was it easy? is it better to get someone to do it for you? Aprreciate any feed back on this. cheers

Helen

Welcome Helen.

I don't have parking sensors and don't really struggle (coupe version) but I don't have to parallel park...ever!

There are some good 'no drill' parking sensor kits available. I think nissan are about £250 for retro fitting the OEM kit which isn't silly money....

My last car was black.... good luck! :lol: Some good detaiers sponsor the club so you'll be ok!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Another black roadster :yahoo:

I can reverse any car without a problem but do struggle a bit with the roof up. This is mainly due to the paranoia and fear of curbing the wheels.

I think the dealers quote fitting parking sensors for about £130 so its up to you.

They are a bit of a pain to keep looking clean but its worth it. Plenty of info about how to get the best results on here. Look forward to some pics of the car next week :)

Hi Helen, and welcome to the club :teeth:

My last car was a black one.....

they're are hard work, but if you put in the effort, they look stunning when the sun is shining like today!

Have a look in our Meets and Events section to see whats going on near you. There may be an event happening soon where you can meet up with other members and ask all those niggly questions in person

Have fun when the Zed arrives! :drive1

thanks for all the welcomes. dont think there will be any photos til the end of the week cos i gonna be spending wed turs etc enjoying my 350 and then cleaning and polishing it ready for the photos.

am based in sheffield and would love to tag along to a local meet one day and say hi.

between myself and my boyfriend, neil, we have a few cars which we are gonna have to a get a new drive to accomodate them all. As i work in leeds i have 'bess' a blue citroen zx diesel as a daily runner. neil my other half has 'eloise' a nissan 200sx. A bit of a project car at the minute. currently on the drive on axle stands with bits in the gararge, shed and house and a set of 350 wheels ready to go on in my mums garage. And on thurs jus gone we bought a ford capri laser 2.0 named doug. originally meant to be a project for over the winter when the 200sx is complete but neil jus cant resist. so far already purchased for the capri is a central locking, snap off steering wheel and it looks like a new recaro interior will be coming this week.

anyway gotta go clean the capri see you later