TAX DISC HOLDER -Which have you got?

jerry3167

My tax disc holder is a circular zed one....but it's partially (bottom half) is obscured by the wiper arms......you can see that it's taxed, but the bottom bit is hidden unless you move the wiper arm.

Is this legal? am I likely to get done for this? :)

havne't paid much attention to the tax disc holder recently, but off the top of my head and from vague memories of mates playing with it, i think i've got a plain twist back one! guess will find out when tax is due at end of july, if i dont play with it before that!

When I got my Z I was in Halfords to get a new front number plate as the original one was bit grubby, while I was waiting I wandered round at the tax disc holders and seen a ripspeed one that has diamond like jewels so thought I would get in the good books and buy the missus it since I never told her I was buying the Z and just turned up with it one Saturday :blackeye:

Then I seen the Ripspeed Carbon Fibre tax disc holder, cost me £18 but it looks really good in the black Zed, albeit from outside :D

Only thing I don't like is the stupid idea of little torx holding the backing plate on so you daren't lose the little allen key they supply....

richbrook (plain version) one with the twist back rather than the fiddly alan key version

+1

Afraid its the one with the fiddly allan key, already lost one of the screws down the back of the dash

Is this legal? Previous owner had fitted it this low, so presume that it was fine in the 2/3 years that he had the car....

photo361medium.jpg

Will I have any problems with that? They can pull up the window wiper to see the rest...

I'd say you could have issues with that if they are being picky.

I have a magnatec - best £1.50 tax disc holder going! It came with a fancy metal one which was binned as soon as the car got home.

Is this legal? Previous owner had fitted it this low, so presume that it was fine in the 2/3 years that he had the car....

Will I have any problems with that? They can pull up the window wiper to see the rest...

Ive got the same as you & it keeps falling off unless i jam it down where you have. Its currently on the floor somewhere under the passengers seat :blush:

Ive got the same as you & it keeps falling off unless i jam it down where you have. Its currently on the floor somewhere under the passengers seat :blush:

Careful mate, even though the DVLC computer knows you've paid, you could still get done for "Failure to Display"