The worst luck ...

Hey guys ...

I'm a newbie to the forum and have only had my Z for a few days now ... so far I'm loving every minute driving it!

Anyway just thought I'd tell you the bad luck I had already though ...

So I picked up my Z on Saturday afternoon after a 3 month search for a decent one, got it home safely parked up and went out to celebrate with some mates ...

Woke up n Sunday and thought I'd treat the Z to a full tank of V-Power and a valet ... I get to the petrol station and wait in the queue to fill up ... some old guy ( later found out was 82 ) decides he's had enough of waiting at the pump beside me and so starts reversing his car ...

I could see it happening in slow motion but couldn't move forward or back as there were cars also waiting ... so I held down the horn hoping he'd notice me ... but no ... he went and scraped the drivers side of my car!! I was fuming!

Turns out the guy is deaf and wears hearing aids so couldn't hear the horn and he'd also had 2 accidents in the last week not including this one ... I've now gotta get a quote to have the small dent and scratches sorted ... when I should be out enjoying the car!

It's just not right ... some people just shouldn't be on the road ....

There ... I feel better now that I've let it all out ... LoL

The thing that gets me is the guy had 3 accidents that week, can't hear (probably can't see...) and yet has a license and probably pays peanuts for insurance!

Surely his license should be getting revoked?

My Grandad gave up driving when he felt he wasn't fit enough even though it was a major lifestyle change for him and my Granny.

Welcome mate. I hope the zed doesnt end up being a bad luck car for you. My bmw before the zed was a bad luck car - the day i was supposed to pick it up i crashed my trade-in car on the way to the garage. Got it all fixed and traded in (all be it a grand out of pocket), and then 4 days later a roof tile blew off and landed on my new car! 300quids worth of damage, not covered by insurance...!

Add to that about 15 other ailments in the 11 months i had the car and i couldn't wait to get rid...!

So i just hope this isnt the same for you!!

Thanks for the support / adivce guys ...

I'm from Leicester so if anyone knows a good bodyshop thy could reccommend that would be great ...

I spoke to the third party and he doesn't want to go through insurance ( for obvious reasons ) ... and I'd prefer it if it was repaired without putting a claim in either ...

I've already got a quote but the guy was talking about painting some of the door and most of the rear quarter ... It's not actually that bad now after some T-Cut and elbow grease but there is still a minor dent on the door and some paint missing from the rear quarter ... would it be wise to have Chips Away come and have a look ... I'd prefer there was as little impact to surrounding paintwork as possible ....

Really makes you think that once folks hit retirement that perhaps they should be retested every few years. Mind you there's so many crap drivers on the roads I think everybody should be retested plus they should make the driving test twice as hard. Would make people look at driving as a privilege rather than a right, plus would help with congestion issues too. [/Rant]

:welcome:

bad luck! Drivers like that are a total nightmare - we get lots of them where i live - take their car out just to get their shopping once a week, sat about 2 inches from the windscreen driving at 20mph.

As BulletMagnet said, I think CS is around that area. Give him a shout, hes a sound guy and should know a good bodyshop.

Hope you get it sorted soon and get some good fun driving out of her in the near future :drive1

My grandad realised it was time to give up driving when he drove his car through the side of the tennis club taking the tennis coach with him breaking both his legs in the process :blush: Why does it take a serious accident for them to realise its time to use the free bus pass!!