The worst luck ...

Hey guys ...

Just thought I'd fill you in on recent events with the car situation ...

I've been getting a quote everyday this week from insurance approved bodyshops around my area ... and they've been comming in at around £800 - £1000 ...

Every bodyshop has been telling me that I'm going to need the the most part of that side painted ... which is fair enough; if it's gonna look as good as new ...

So today I thought I'd try my local Nissan Main Stealer ... just for a laugh really ... and they gave me a quote of £488 including VAT .... how good is that? and they are even gonna give me a courtesy car while the work is being carried out!

And to think I wasn't even going to try there because I assumed it'd be Alot more then everywhere else ...

Hey guys ...

Just thought I'd fill you in on recent events with the car situation ...

I've been getting a quote everyday this week from insurance approved bodyshops around my area ... and they've been comming in at around £800 - £1000 ...

Every bodyshop has been telling me that I'm going to need the the most part of that side painted ... which is fair enough; if it's gonna look as good as new ...

So today I thought I'd try my local Nissan Main Stealer ... just for a laugh really ... and they gave me a quote of £488 including VAT .... how good is that? and they are even gonna give me a courtesy car while the work is being carried out!

And to think I wasn't even going to try there because I assumed it'd be Alot more then everywhere else ...

Now that is a really good good price, and great news that you get the courtesy car :thumbs: 's up bud

wow thats a result, mind you i was same when i was looking for a buetooth adaptor, they were (nissan)reasonable and brand new in box, . i only had my zed a few weeks and if someone reversed into me that day i might of been on the evening news. chuffed for you , show some pics when its all done.

Yeah I'm feeling pretty happy about the whole thing now ...

I've been pretty stressed out with it since the day it happened ...

I'll be sure to post some pre and post repair pictures once the work is done ...

But it just goes to show that sometimes the dealer can actually be your best bet!

• 2 months later...

Well just thought I'd give you guys am update on the whole situation ...

I had the accident back in April and now 3 months later the guy is still not willing to pay the £480 that the dealer quoted ... so I've had to go through insurance ...

I've only just dropped my Zed off to the Insurance approved repairs .. for which they say the paitnwork is guaranteed for life ... seems ok to me ...

They've given me a X-Type Jaguar in the mean time and after about 10 mins of driving it ... I'M BORED!

I really hope they speed up the repair job so that I can enjoy driving again ....

Well I had another update from the garage doing the repair work today ...

They're gonna sort out the drivers side and repair any damamge caused by the accident ... and even offered to sort out quite a deep scratch on my front bumper for an extra 50 quid ...

I thought I might as well get it done as they have the car anyway and I'll still have the courtesy boat in the meanwhile ....

So fingers crossed ... When it comes back in a week or so it'll be looking better than it has in a long time!

Woo Hoo!

I wasn't expecting to have the Zed back before the end of this week but got a call from ADR in Leicester to say the car was ready for collection ...

I picked it up this afternoon and it looks PERFECT! They've done a really good job on the dent caused by the accident and also the front bumper.

I was really impressed with the service and quality of work. They even valeted the car inside and out and sorted out a few other things like the squeaky door card etc ...

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures today due to the downpour of rain but will try and get some before and after pics up on here tomorrow ...

Anyway that's my weekend sorted now ... Full tank of petrol, box of 20 cigarettes and the longest drive ever! ... Can't wait!

• 1 month later...

Ok thought I should upload some pics for before and after the work was carried out ...

Overall I think they did a great job on it ...

So here's the car immediately after the scrape in the petrol station:

post-4535-135011865389_thumb.jpgpost-4535-135011865404_thumb.jpg

And here's the car now:

post-4535-135011865411_thumb.jpg

Back to the way it was .... :yahoo: