Welcome to the new look site

Chesterfield

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - Im aware there are a number of issues affecting the board at the moment which did not seem to be present last night (or I missed them as I was getting tired).

Am trying to resolve a number of these at the moment. Sorry for anny issues experienced at present, will try and sort them as quickly as possible.

Guys - Im aware there are a number of issues affecting the board at the moment which did not seem to be present last night (or I missed them as I was getting tired).

Am trying to resolve a number of these at the moment. Sorry for anny issues experienced at present, will try and sort them as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the update Chris and your hard work on this. From a mod point of view the last 5 areas are not available to us, starting with team discussion.

Thanks for the update Chris and your hard work on this.

+1 - there's no tearing panic Chris, the site is broadly functional so it's a success. :)

site looks awesome guys, well done.

one thing i have noticed is i cvan't seem to find the button that allowed me to mark all posts as read. juist means i have to oopen and shut them all to clear the screen

Click on "View Unread Posts" top right, then you can click on "Mark Forums Read" on the top left

site looks awesome guys, well done.

one thing i have noticed is i cvan't seem to find the button that allowed me to mark all posts as read. juist means i have to oopen and shut them all to clear the screen

When you go into the 'View unread posts' area, the link to mark them all viewed is top left ;)

Looking good.

I had the old site bookmarked to the unread posts page and just got an unavailable message when I clicked on this morning. I thought the site was still down until I manually typed in the URL. Is there anything we can do Chris to redirect in this scenario?

oooooooooooooo, shiney!!!

No cpmplaints from me really.

Im sure that it'll be grand when Im on my home connection. But using th eboats connection is much slower with this new look site that it was wit the old one. I dont care though! :bounce:

In all honesty, I'm not that keen on it. I know that a lot of that is due to my absolute stubborn resistance to any kind of change, but I will point out a couple of things:

1. There's a hell of a lot of open space on this new look, and it makes for a slightly disjointed viewing IMHO. Tbh apart from playing with the font sizes (which I know I can do from this end, but I'm thinking more of a new user visiting here for the first time) I'm not really sure there's much you can do. Limiting avatar + sig sizes may go some way to sorting this, but phpBB3 does tend to do it's own thing with regard to sizing anyway.

2. The PM indicator in the top left really doesn't stand out enough for my taste. It's much better than in the old version, but having noticed that you can have colours in that top bar (Discounts + Donate), is it possible to change the colour to maybe blue when a new PM has arrived?

Like I say, they're only niggly little things so nothing major. On the flip side, all the quick links above the forum look so much better than before, and I do love how the picture of the Zed reflects the logo from the other side of the page IYSWIM. It's a much better use of colour all round than before too, and I'd certainly agree it makes the site feel far more mature than in the previous version. Big thanks for doing all this, as I can appreciate just how awkward it can be upgrading from previous phpBB versions and I know from experience just how much there is to go wrong!