Welcome to the new look site

Chesterfield

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the team for sorting this all out.

It looks fantastic and as we all get used to it, it will become more user friendly.

Change is always difficult to accept!

I was lucky enough to have a sneaky peek last week so had all the new stuff sussed out then! :lol: It won't take long!

Smilies and signatures are not working in this thread due to a technical hicup.

If you click "add reply" (not fast reply) for your next post, you will see that "attach a signature" is not ticked, and "disable smilies" and "disable bbcode" are both ticked.

Take the ticks out of the top two, and put one in the attach signature one, and everything should right itself with your next post.

There is a slight gradient to the background of the header bar - in order for the images of the forum logo and the orange Z not to stick out like sore thumbs, they have had their backround filled with the same gradient.

There must be some issue with the way that the background image is loaded for the main banner that is causing it to be solid black, resulting in the other two images (whose background is fixed, and not generated from a 1pixel wide strip) causing the issue that Jay must be seeing.

May struggle with that one as its coding for a mac browser, which may as well be Chinese to me. :blush:

Yeh sorry mate, in safari shows black banner in firefox shows gradient my bad

i really like the gradient in the banners. It's all down to personnal taste but sadly i think Zedrush is in the minority

Hi Mike I really like the gradient just that on mac server it was showing up with a black banner inbetween the two logos, so they were not connected, hence why on my image I corrected putting the gradient back in, didnt realise this was already done for pc users so my bad. I cant fault this site at all it really is a brilliant job and appreciate the hard work chester has put into it

Smilies and signatures are not working in this thread due to a technical hicup.

If you click "add reply" (not fast reply) for your next post, you will see that "attach a signature" is not ticked, and "disable smilies" and "disable bbcode" are both ticked.

Take the ticks out of the top two, and put one in the attach signature one, and everything should right itself with your next post.

I can only see POST REPLY and FAST REPLY buttons at the bottom.

POST REPLY doesn't bring up the..

"you will see that "attach a signature" is not ticked, and "disable smilies" and "disable bbcode" are both ticked.

"

Just noticed a small thing, I dunno if it happens to anyone else though. When somebody posts up a link, rather than opening up an new window it re-directs you on the open window. It used to pop-up a new window didn't it?

R

That's my one gripe about an otherwise excellent new site. Well done to all involved.

Don't know if this is only happening in Firefox, or happens in IE too?

Edit - just noticed that the quote box didn't work in this post. Any ideas why not?

Nice new look guys!

The only thing I have noticed now is, when you hover over a thread you don't get a preview as per the old website - I used to like this as it saved having to click to go into the detailed thread!

Just noticed a small thing, I dunno if it happens to anyone else though. When somebody posts up a link, rather than opening up an new window it re-directs you on the open window. It used to pop-up a new window didn't it?

R

Will see if we can revert that back to new window.

Nice new look guys!

The only thing I have noticed now is, when you hover over a thread you don't get a preview as per the old website - I used to like this as it saved having to click to go into the detailed thread!

This is an addition that we can look to bring onto the new software too, but no timescales just yet.

On Internet explorer, the quick reply box is open by default - click the button marked "post reply", it is directly above the fast reply button

Did that Chris, ah just notice that last time i quoted somebody there where smileys there but on this quote they are not there, plus there is now no options to disable anything.

Need a group discussion on the colour.