How Old??

pcw1982

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 43 now, bought the zed not long after i turned 21:lol: ok i was 42 but it made me feel half my age ;) ;)

Had the civic type r before that, but always wanted to get back to the rear wheel drive.

Had a succession of Capri's including a tickford turbo which was a money pit :scare: but great fun, when it worked :headhurt: Actually the zed reminds me of the capri. The long bonnet, the big doors and a tendency to face the wrong way when you least expect it :blush: Ahhh they were the days. And i was in the capri club!!! now i'm in the Z club. Happy Days :yahoo:

Okay, can i ask... how the hell can people afford these cars at 20/21/22 etc...??

I've got an excellent job earning a very good wage (not just for my age!) which i started when i left uni... but im always skint!

My zed was costing me £800 a month to pay the loan/insurance/fuel last year and i was just surviving, but thats down to £450 a month now having got cheaper insurance after turniing 25, and my office being relocated much colser to home ;)

...but a tvr chimaera or vx220 at 21... WTF?! :scare:

Okay, can i ask... how the hell can people afford these cars at 20/21/22 etc...??

I've got an excellent job earning a very good wage (not just for my age!) which i started when i left uni... but im always skint!

My zed was costing me £800 a month to pay the loan/insurance/fuel last year and i was just surviving, but thats down to £450 a month now having got cheaper insurance after turniing 25, and my office being relocated much colser to home ;)

...but a tvr chimaera or vx220 at 21... WTF?! :scare:

I kill people for money, its a dirty job but pays well :p

Noooooooooooo.

I just (literally 2 minutes ago) bought a policy from Direct Line after a lot of shopping around and it's cost me £900! :yuck:

I'm 25, 11k miles a year, got an SP30 and 4 years no claims. Got the gf on there too to lower the premium. Where'd you get insured for £450??

Noooooooooooo.

I just (literally 2 minutes ago) bought a policy from Direct Line after a lot of shopping around and it's cost me £900! :yuck:

I'm 25, 11k miles a year, got an SP30 and 4 years no claims. Got the gf on there too to lower the premium. Where'd you get insured for £450??

i only have 1 years no claims and mine is £750 and i'm 27

with admiral

Noooooooooooo.

:surrender: thats a lot mate im 23 and paying 550 with my girlfriend on it and she only 21 thats with admiral try them :thumbs:

Suppose it could be post code related too. I moved here about a year ago and my renewal went up a fair whack.

A big difference between us lot though. I wonder if the SP30 doesn't help much...

i had one, just got rid of it, made bugger alll difference. so many people have 3 points that insurance companies almost ignore the first 3. think it add £10 onto my insurance for the year :lol:

Noooooooooooo.

£450... you talking about me?? I mean my car incl all bills costs me £450 a month. My insurance is £800 a year. Last year, when i was 24 it was £2550 for the year. (as im sure the regulars on here are sick of me bringing up :blush: )

I think a few of the young owners maybe live with mummy and daddy..... ;)

If I did I'd have a 997 Turbo probably! :lol::lol:

Bought my Zed at 23 (having owned my house for a year and a half) and I just turned 26... I'm like an old man! :lol:

I'm 25 and bought mine about 4 months ago.

My insurance is fairly heavy, 1100 quid due to SP30, 1 accident in the last 5 years and I think my post code.

The fact that in the last 8 years of driving I only had 1.2 runabouts didn't help much when they asked "have you previously owned a similar vehicle or performance car?

It should go down quite a bit next year as i lose the SP30, another year no claims and a year of driving the Zed.

The zed + insurance is costing me like 400 a month, but the fuel adds quite a bit onto that, i do a fair few miles. Work is a 60 mile round trip.

-Kom

£400/450 a month? Oysters! :scare:

Right, so £900 a year might not be all that bad. I was feeling a bit sick last night.

I wish I lived at home still. Not that I was any better off, just more more money to p**s up the wall.

Sarnie - did you use the 'L' word?