So who has a Supercharger then?

givememorepower

I know this will have come up before, so I only expect vague replys.

Any of you guys with just too much money have a supercharger fitted?

I'm interested in seeing some pics if anyone has them, an idea of overall cost, and which brand to go for should I take the plunge!

I looked into the Turbo route, but just don't have that type of money.

The thought of a supercharger makes me feel :evil:

You can get the PE kit installed for £6k :)

Will that not have gone up with the exchange rate now? I thought the optimistic numbers were £5.5k and that was when Envy were first stocking it.

PE kit on Envy site is now around 6k on its own, with £1300 for fitting on top. Then ECU and tuning. Looking 9-10k total for 100bhp.

Superchargers are cheaper to buy, but there's a list as long as your arm of other things you should do on top. Be suprised if it worked out much cheaper than TT.

Given that an SC setup drives completely differently to a turbo one, I'd suggest deciding on exactly what you want from the car and how you want it to feel before splashing out any money at all.

Honestly, if you can't stretch to a TT set up then I wouldn't be starting a SC project. Money it springs to mind and there are many items that need upgraded etc. If the SC was the only cost then we'd all be running them!

I know this will have come up before, so I only expect vague replys.

Any of you guys with just too much money have a supercharger fitted?

I'm interested in seeing some pics if anyone has them, an idea of overall cost, and which brand to go for should I take the plunge!

The thought of a supercharger makes me feel :evil:

Here is some old pics of my sc install before I went tt.

100_0548-1.jpg

100_0549-1.jpg

100_0552-1.jpg

100_0553-1.jpg

100_0554-1.jpg

If the price of the PE TT came down, I would definately consider it. Even if it was £6K all in, I'd do it! :D

No mapping required under 400bhp supposedly for the pre '04 JDM ECU... :)

I don't think Envy got theirs mapped, might be wrong but sure I read that on their PE TT thread. Hoping on the exchange rate improving too :thumbs:

If the price of the PE TT came down, I would definately consider it. Even if it was £6K all in, I'd do it! :D

No mapping required under 400bhp supposedly for the pre '04 JDM ECU... :)

I don't think Envy got theirs mapped, might be wrong but sure I read that on their PE TT thread. Hoping on the exchange rate improving too :thumbs:

Nah I've chatted to them about this.

They're car is still stock interenals. ECU has been 'reflashed' though in accordance to their mods.

Oh man... too expensive!! :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Great looking engine bay there Alex!

How did you like your Kinetix plenum, I'm considering it.

I went down the Vortech route, and I couldn't be happier.

Vortech tuner kit, 600cc injectors, Walbro and Haltech Platinum.

I suppose I could have stretched for a TT setup, but I've fallen in love with the most linear power delivery you can ever imagine, that is a Vortech kit! :thumbs:

Great looking engine bay there Alex!

How did you like your Kinetix plenum, I'm considering it.

I went down the Vortech route, and I couldn't be happier.

Vortech tuner kit, 600cc injectors, Walbro and Haltech Platinum.

I suppose I could have stretched for a TT setup, but I've fallen in love with the most linear power delivery you can ever imagine, that is a Vortech kit! :thumbs:

The latest Kinetix SSV has been modified as it was originally weak along the welds.

I freed up my engine so much that unfortunately on my S.C. application I could not make the boost that I required.

Once I moved to TT that was not an issue but the weak plenum was and I had to carry out welding repairs to the seams.

There should be no fabrication issues with latest SSV Kinetix at around 8 lb boost pressure.

Why do you want to swop out the plenum ?

Alex.

Hi I am a new 350z owner of 2 weeks! I Love it I was wondering if you guys knew where to go to get it remapped. I live in the Scottish Borders just south of Edinburgh. hope someone can help cheers Maryjane

Welcome to the forum. Stick a post in the Intros' section

:thumbs: