Got clamped today....£250 poorer......update

Greekman

Left the car for 5 mins to drop a tank with goldfish off to a friends flat... 4 o'clock this afternoon...area signed so i was warned. 5 parking spaces not numbered or anything only framed with not a single car there...

5mins later i came down to see the clamp on the front right wheel and the guy waiting for the tow truck...he said he was on patrol...didnt deny the 5 min wait as i had my friend as a witness....nobody called or complained...

£250 cash or no car...paid the money....my blood pressure is higher than a track tyre....!!!! :rant::rant::rant:

Anything i can do.....

I know what i would like to do :boxing:

but i cant either!!! :rant:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*edited*

might want to rephrase that, i'm all for free speech, but ii think some may take the wrong way ;)

i have never been clamped, but know how fuming i was when done for speeding on a clear dual carriageway :dry:

if your mate has visitors parking permits you might be able to despute it saying you were collecting the permit to put on the car?

You should have battered him mate, and taken the clamp off while he's unconscious. Thats what i would have done - seriously. I cant stand wheel clamping bastards. Thats actually really pi55ed me off now mate, so i cant imagine how you feel.

sorry for the paki thing...nothing racist there and post rephrased....i just expected from people that have been treated unfair not to treat other poeple the same way.... :surrender:

Nah mate i do feel for ya! If that happened 2 me lol i think i wuld end up in the nick :lol:

You should have battered him mate, and taken the clamp off while he's unconscious. Thats what i would have done - seriously. I cant stand wheel clamping bastards. Thats actually really pi55ed me off now mate, so i cant imagine how you feel.

Thought about it...cant be aggressive tho...i ll keep it for the local judo championship next sunday... :lol:

if your mate has visitors parking permits you might be able to despute it saying you were collecting the permit to put on the car?

+ 1

She hasnt as the as the flat's parking space was in a different allocated area...didnt think it would be an issue as it was only a 5min job and there was not a single person in the area. needless to say no car either....

My mate got clamped once, but he took an angle grinder to the padlock on it.

Few weeks later he got a letter from clamping company saying about how unlawful it is to remove clamps, but he denied any knowledge and they couldn't prove that it was him that removed it.

He sold the clamp for £100 a couple of months later.

it looks like a private residential area? Was the guy waiting behind a bush to leap out and get his days takings?

I saw something on fifth gear about clamping, they were all for taking the clamp off yourself if you could. It's not like you're even causing a problem. Having said that if I lived there and it was my parking space I would be glad you got clamped! :lol:

it looks like a private residential area? Was the guy waiting behind a bush to leap out and get his days takings?

I saw something on fifth gear about clamping, they were all for taking the clamp off yourself if you could. It's not like you're even causing a problem. Having said that if I lived there and it was my parking space I would be glad you got clamped! :lol:

Prolly abseiled commando style off the rooftop

Isn't clamping banned in Scotland? Not saying you were in Scotland but it's a bloody good idea the Scots had. Clamping is on a par with criminal damage or theft IMO, and the attitude of clampers is the worst thing about it. I lived in an apartment which had clampers in the area, and a number of residents were clamped after forgetting to put their permits in the window. Easily done and sooooo expensive!

If i was blocking somebody i would happily pay and say sorry as well.... as you can see from the pics there was nobody there and the spaces were not numbered...he had only just finished clamping the car and was waiting for the tow truck...which appeared 5mins later... :scare:

The case is that he wanted cash there and then or the car goes!!!!! :rant:

Is it even worth pointing out that if you hadn't parked in an area that had signs around warning that you may get clamped, then you actually wouldn't have got clamped in the first place and that this thread would be null and void?

Just wondering.

I could understand your frustration if there were no signs at all, and in which case I'd probably be just as angry as you, but if there was clear signage then you knew the risk and got caught. You can hardly complain too much as it's not like it was anybody's fault but your own. Even if there were other spaces free and you were only five minutes, that doesn't make it right.