My New Lip

Ian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the lip, shipping & customs it came to just under £450 :)

Thats not bad given the rarity of it. I didnt mind paying so much for the Varis when hardly anyone had them, then a batch landed on the other side and everyone has them :surrender: Still mines mattered and bruised now, so I'm not so bothered.

Hopefully the little cut back bit in the middle will help you with clearance, thats the bit that catches most on mine.

For the lip, shipping & customs it came to just under £450 :)

Thats not bad given the rarity of it. I didnt mind paying so much for the Varis when hardly anyone had them, then a batch landed on the other side and everyone has them :surrender: Still mines mattered and bruised now, so I'm not so bothered.

Hopefully the little cut back bit in the middle will help you with clearance, thats the bit that catches most on mine.

I had budgeted a lot more for it tbh :) The main issue I had was finding one for sale.

I'd expect the fit will be far better than the Veilside too.

Fit is perfect :D

Had a bit of time this afternoon so made a start at fitting it. Its not secured yet because I've hit a few problems :blush:

I cant actually get under the bumper to fit the bolts & the arch liner needs to come off for me to get at them, I cant get the arch liner off because I cant get my hand in between the wheel & the arch - so I will need to take the front wheels off - Which I cant take off because I can't get a jack under the car :lol:

So I'm just gonna take the bumper off because I will have some mesh to fit instead of the grille soon. Im hopeing I can get it sorted tomorrow if not It will be in a few weeks when I get back from holiday.

I need suggestions now of a good jack that will get under lowered cars.

Anyway some pics B)

DSC_1245.jpg

DSC_1246.jpg

DSC_1247.jpg

DSC_1248.jpg

DSC_1249.jpg

DSC_1250.jpg

DSC_1251.jpg

DSC_1253.jpg

DSC_1254.jpg

And its sitting lower on the drivers side because I've got a flat tyre :rant:

with it being lowered i think the bumper will scrape all the way up the ramp.

plus they very scary to drive up, iv done it before and the fear of going over is always in your head, and you have to rely on your mate to tell you when to stop. if you don't use enough revs and power you don't go up, to many and you go over.

alternative method (although not tried) stick a board under your jacking point, then the trolly jack under the board. you jack the board at an angle enough to raise the car, you should then be able to slip a second jack under the rear lift point to raise the car, remove the board and replace jack properly at the front and then jack properly. just reverse the procedure to take out.

a bit long winded but should give you the height you need.

that or take it to a garage or find a friend with a car pit or proper lifters

Got around it at the moment by using the jack that comes with the car to jack it up enough to get my proper jack under it. Still need to get the bumper off though to fit the mesh grille.

Just trying to decide now if I should buy the Varis canards or not :)

Ian,

Since lowering my car last week i had a job to get the jack back out. I ended up lifting the under the wing a tiny bit while the wife pulled the trolly jack out :lol:

Thats it get her doing some work ;) But make sure she goes back to the kitchen afterwards :lol::blush: (soz i couldn't help myself)