Oooooooowwwwww my knee part II

Stew

Following on from my bike detailing thread {url]http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20006{/url}

I gave my car a bit of a going over today.

Ok, no before or during pics..... my neighbours think I'm crazy enough as it is!

Anyway, I foamed the car with Meguiars Shampoo Plus topped up with hot water. the rinsed the car.

Gave the wheels a quick squirt of bilberry and a scrub. The Rays are on and I'm still annoyed at the corrosion, that's why there wasn't much effort put in!

Nest the car was washed using two clear buckets and shampoo plus with a couple of lambs wool mitts. And the world famous envy brushes!

The car was then clayed using Bilt Hamber Soft. I used soft as the car was clayed a few months ago and not much was picked up off the glass or any other panels. The rear bumper was the only one that was actually bad.

The car was then washed again using the same method as before. It was then dryed using the super plush drying towels from Polished bliss. Took about 2 mins to dry the car. These are unbelievable!

Next up I masked up the car using 3M blue tape. Now it was time to break out the Ported Cable 7424.

I have forgotten what pad I chose now..... But used Menzerna 85 polish. It was more for gloss than correction. It did get rid of a lot of surface scratches etc but the paint came up quite nice.

Next I ran Blackfire Paint protection on a yellow pad (as recommended by Rich at Polished Bliss) as I had it already. Fantastic!

So, nearing completion..... I took off the tape and gave the whole car a wipedown with IPA.

Then was onto the wax. LSP for today was the one and only Blackfire Wet Diamond. I have Ivory Sun but thought I'd use up the Wet Diamond. I love this stuff!

So, the results..... The sun wasn't out much but I tried.....

P1010791.jpg

P1010792.jpg

P1010793.jpg

P1010794.jpg

P1010795.jpg

P1010796.jpg

P1010797.jpg

P1010798.jpg

P1010799.jpg

P1010800.jpg

P1010801.jpg

P1010802.jpg

P1010803.jpg

P1010804.jpg

My knee is really sore now!

Looks top Stew B) right your hired!!!

Next time your down here you've got the great job of descratching and polishing mine up :lol:;)

Wondered what the neighbours said when you took the double floods out and started taking pictures with wax on your roof!! :D

Cheers dudes. I think I need a bit more cut next time to get rid of all the scratches and dull the orange peel a little....

Did my neighbours ZX-6R today..... Same as mine but blue. The knee is much better!:teeth:

Had a Porter Cable for a quite a while. Before the G220 was available anyway so about 2 years!

First time I've used it on the Zed. Won't be the last.

It took a fair few hours. Maybe 5-6 hours in total. Would have been longer if the summer wheels were on etc.....