Random acts of kindness

bronzee

It's nice to know that in this slightly crazy selfish world we live in these days that some people will take the time help someone out.

For instance, today the Z got a flat, thankfully just in front of a gas station forecourt, so pulled in and parked, proceeded to open the hatch to get jack etc out, and a very helpful guy offered to help. Really cool, as we've got a tropical cyclone here at the moment, and it's rained torrentially all day. The point being I could have done it, but he insisted as I was getting my nice clothes soaked.

So I popped a box of chocies in later, he looked most surprised. :thumbs:

Another random act of kindness, trying to find parking a couple of months back at a concert, finally found one after circling around lots of times, only to be disgusted that the parking in town which is normally free after 6pm, was $7 (double the price of normal), an eek moment as I went up to the meter as I didn't have enough coins and it wasn't a txt capable meter. So a lady who'd just paid for her parking offered me a few extra coins.

Even small things count, make someone else's day better.

Have you had someone help you out, or do you help others??

Lol, reminds me of that movie "Pay it forward". ;)

I always like it when fellow motorists flash there headlights to warn of mobile speed camera's up ahead

Yep, should be applauded!

I like to pass on half used pay-and-display tickets, some people look shocked!

Same here mate - they either think your going to mug them or sell them something! The smile in return is more than worth it though! :teeth:

A bit of common curtosey goes a long way - unfortunately its getting very rare should'nt be as it does'nt cost anything does it!! :):bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: (sorry from another thread!!) :lol:

The snow came down heavily last Thursday night. My journey from the local train station is normally15 mins accross country to my little rural village, up and down a number of hills. There had been no salting or ploughing, so arriving off the train from work at 7.30 I was greeted with a snow bound zed. I drove, somewhat precariously, out of that village and started making my way home. After about an hour :scare: I reached the turn-off from the main road onto the road to my village. It was under 4+ inches of snow and for me it was a feather-the-clutch 2nd/3rd gear 10 mph drive. There were some high headlights about 20 yards back, keeping a distance. When I reached the first hill, the zed was stuffed - even with traction control off it was not moving. Cue VERY glamerous lady and her equally stunning and very well dressed teenage daughter jumping out of their Range Rover behind (we were the only two cars on the road) with a shovel, and they proceeded to dig/push until I got moving again. They then said they could see I was struggling in that 'lovely sports car' and that they would follow me the remaining 3 miles to the vaillage to ensure if I got stuck, they could help. And they did, 4 times. Neither would take the wheel whilst I dug/pushed instead, and by the time I got home an hour later they were covered in sludge, snow, etc. They then helped me get the car on the drive, would not accept any thanks or tell me where they lived (so I could send some flowers or something) and then jumped back in their Rangey and roared (it was a V8SC) off with a smile and a wave. Despite the @*!# journey home I arrived inside with a very warm feeling and a large smile.

I have put a notice up in the village shop thanking them in the hope they'll notice. Talking to the chaps in the pub it seems the family live in an old manor house at the edge of the village and are worth a fair few bob (not sure why that is at all relevent). :)

And another thing - I ALLWAYS stop and ask women/old folk if they want a hand when they have luggage/pushchairs on trains/tubes...amazing how many have said 'that's the first time anyone ever offered' :angry:

My son had a good experience. He ran out of petrol in his bike on the motorway. Another bike pulled up and it was a good looking blonde returning from a track day. She took him to a garage for petrol and returned him to the bike. When he asked what he owed her she said "just a kiss". Daft bugger was so surprised he didn't get any details/telephone number from her and she just rode off. He had a thing for blonde scousers at the time, and yes thats what she was.

I used to be a traffic cop. In 1976 I stopped for a girl who had run out of petrol and gave her a lift to a garage then reurned her to her car, got it going and off she went.

The same night there was a knock at my door and she stood there accompanied by my best mates wife who she worked with. She had brought me a cake which she'd baked herself. I hadn't told her my name but they'd talked and put 2 & 2 together.

To cut a long story short we were married 2 years later. She died suddenly 3 yrs ago.

the important thing there Martin was that so many people attended. Not to look but to offer help. There wasn't much for many to do but their actual presence on the roadside was enough to cause motorists to slow down on a notoriously fast stretch of road.

The first things that spring to mind for me are the things people from this club do for total strangers. Martin rescuing my son's bike after his accident and keeping it for weeks on end in his garage, and Andy posting me a tool to get a wheel off for starters. I do believe what goes around comes around.

I always like it when fellow motorists flash there headlights to warn of mobile speed camera's up ahead

Yep, should be applauded!

I like to pass on half used pay-and-display tickets, some people look shocked!

i do both of them! Actually just had to flash loads of cars about 30 mins ago when i was out for a wee spin. must be a thrash on today because the police were about with the radar guns and a stupid amount of modded cars were coming in. thankfully none as fancy as the zed :)

Edit: bah it is a thrash, fast car are there. might make some phone calls and go out.

The first things that spring to mind for me are the things people from this club do for total strangers.

Definitely. There is definitely a kinship in the Zed community which means we offer a help where we can, doesn't matter where it is. :thumbs:

The first things that spring to mind for me are the things people from this club do for total strangers. Martin rescuing my son's bike after his accident and keeping it for weeks on end in his garage, and Andy posting me a tool to get a wheel off for starters. I do believe what goes around comes around.

+1, had many hands and favours and given a few back on this forum, a great bunch of guys and hope the 350z-uk forum stays like this, some of the most genuine people i have meet, and in a way some great friends :thumbs: