Ahoi Shipmates! I need help!

kObi

Hey folks im needing some advice. I pretty much know nothing about the 350z so if you folks wouldnt mind answering a few questions then that would be great.

i'll start off by saying in september last year i bought an awesome rx8, i love it, love driving it and its great. i had a choice between and rx8 and a 350z, went with the 8 and up untill just the other night i've been thinking i made the wrong choice. It seems the older they are getting the more goes wrong, now obviously this happens to all cars, but it seems alot more can go wrong with the 8 and they are from what i've been reading on the forums.

So i was lookin on auto trader this morning and i stumbled on the 350z's again and the one i was looking at before is still there and its £2000 cheaper than what it was! So i quickly flew up and took it for a test drive, pretty much the worst test drive ever because the guy only let me drive it back to the garage which was honestly a mile away, i got 10 miles in the 8. So anyway, i thought it was a good drive, not much different from the 8 apart from if felt a little faster and the exhausts gave an awesome rumble when driving it.

(sorry for long post :blush: )

so to help me sway more to the Z side, i have a some Q's

The main thing i dont like about the 8 is if i start the car from cold, i have to wait till its warm before i can turn it off, so a small trip to the shops means i have to do afew laps till its warm then park up. same with picking up mates or the gf, i have to wait outside till its warm then i can get out. (This obviously isnt a mojor problem, its just annoying since i live in a small town and cant get anywhere in a rush) So my first question, Does this happen to the Z?

Next all im curious about is how reliable is the car? any major problems with it after so many miles? im guessing road tax is the same price too? think the 8's about £400 odd for the year? Actually another one, Whats the battery like? i left my 8 untouched for about 4 or 5 days over xmas and the battery had died lol.

Again sorry for long post. just need to know because i might get this car either the end of the month or in febuary. just incase anyone was wanting to know it was the 350z GT i took for a drive. Also im going to phone back tomorrow and ask for another test drive, a longer one B)

Hi and welcome to the forum. The cars are pretty reliable. There is a buyers guide on here to give you the few issues to look for.

Plenty of very well looked after cars on the market at the moment so you will be spoilt for choice.

If you find one that you like feel free to post up a link for our opinions. :D

Also moved this to the intro section so you can see what a nice, friendly bunch they are on here. ;)

hi mate.

I moved from an RX8 to a Zed. had the rex for 4 years.

I do miss the handling of the Rex tbh, as it was better than the Zed is. But the extra power in the Zed makes up for that.

Id gladly live with either car everyday. At the moment I have the Zed, but one day I will be going back to a Rex, simply cos they are cheap and I plan to modify one to hell with a turbo!

I have to admit that I bought a brand new 350Z without even sitting in a 350Z beforehand. I never quite got around to looking at a second hand one. I hate people wasting my time so I really didn't want to do similar to someone else.

I really bought one simply on the recommendatiopn of EVO magazine and a friend who had previously owned a 300ZX.

There was a place advertising them for £9,200 off RRP last week. The prices before Xmas were droppng all the time. I bought my 350Z GT for £7,100 off RRP.

They aren't advertising so far this week.

hah well, im looking for one with the GT pack, preferable blue and for bonus points the nismo kit on it. but but dont worry about the nismo kit if you can find it. im petty much open to all though. good one i've seen(i say seen, it comes with no pics but its from a peugeot dealer) on auto trader so far is a 2006 import, doesn't say if its got the gt pack, its metallic red and has done 19k miles for £10,995. not too shabby?

A mile test drive?

I couldn't make a decision based on 10 miles either. An hour minimum to even figure out if I like it!

i had a 24 hr test drive on a z- but decided after about 3 seconds it was def for me! lol

never driven an rx8 kobi but i know 2 ppl who were deciding between a z and an rx8, both went for the mazda...both regretted it lol

Devil u got quite a bad trade in. well i think so. mines the 231 version, interior is like...

mazda-rx-8--20061030004503828.jpg

57k miles on the clock and is an 04 too and im getting £7k for it.

Well thankfully tomorrow i have booked a test drive. the guy at the dealership says he's just gonna give me the keys and i'll get to drive it about. so im going to go for a wee hour spin, up the back roads for the twists and turns. i already know i want it, just an excuse to drive it lol.

well im back from bigger test drive! WOW!!! that was soooooooooooooooo good!!!! soo much better having a test drive with no one sitting next to you. car just felt so right, so many heads turned. i haven't seen a 350z about in a long time, which is nice knowing. I burst out laughing and couldn't wipe the smile off my face after the first overtake, dropped into 3rd and the exhausts roared away. sooooo pleased. told the guy i'll take it so i'll sort out everything and hopefully have it by next weekend.

i seen people mentioning the cd player skipping so i took a cd with me and yer that one was skipping too, but i noticed if i went to the radio for afew mins then back to the cd it would play fine, but then if i skipped a song it would jump again. but a mile from the place i went to the cd player and it was playing songs fine and skipping no problem.