My new sprint/hillclimb weapon

Trev-the-Rev

It was with much sadness that I waved my single seater goodbye a few weeks ago on the journey to it's new home in Inverness. But not being one to let the grass grow under my feet, I bought this last weekend.

DSC00454.jpg

It's an RS450 Xtreme and 1 of only 3 remaining. It was built for sprinting by Ralliart and is based on a V1 RS shell, but has been stiffened with additional brace bars. Overall it is about 100 kilos lighter than a normal V1 and that is due to a lack of abs and anti yaw, but it also has lightweight panels and glass. The brakes and suspension are Group N, and both diffs are plated LSD's. The engine was also built by Ralliart and is currently running 381 bhp and 396 lb torque at 1.6 bar boost. It won it's class at the Brighton Speed Trials in 2001 with a 12.6 quarter mile at 119 mph. :teeth:

I have a few bits and bobs to do on it but basically it's in very good condition. I just can't wait for the better weather now to get it on track and do some testing. :yahoo:

what a machine!!! i presume the 450 equates to the power it can run??? :teeth:

The 450 figure was the torque Ralliart were aiming for but never achieved. The engine however now has a later generation turbo fitted and was mapped last year to 470 bhp and 483 ft lb of torque if I want to turn the boost up to 2 bar. I think I'll be leaving it as it is though due to not wanting to be doing engine rebuilds at the end of every season!