Hello everybody!

RB84

Hi there,

Just joined up to the site on the weekend and enjoying the forum already. Currently have a Clio 182 Cup and having a proper think about picking up a 350 and saying goodbye to the Clio after over 3 years!

Anyway - hello and I look forward to learning a bit more about 350's and maybe finding the 'one for me' on this forum! :teeth:

Rich

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome guys! I understand the difference between the Clio and a 350 will be marked to say the least but it's been great fun in it's own little way.

I think my perfect Z would consist of a UK GT spec car. Due to insurance looking to be expensive in the first place then a standard car with no mods would probably be the way to go. As the Clio will be lucky to reach £6K I think a maximum would be £12K. Not really sure what could be got for that but I look forward to finding out!

Cheers

Once I get to grips with all of the Z's that seems to be out there then I will surely put some ads up and ask for some advice. Looking at the market currently the prices, ages, miles and specs seem to vary quite widely. What do you guys class as 'high mileage' and how does it cause problems to be wary of?

Also where are the best places to look for ads. So far I have looked on Pistonheads, this forum, ebay, autotrader. Any more that I should look at?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Took a look at three 350's today. My first 350 experiences and I can safely same I am even more sure of wanting one now!! 2 were silver, 53 reg, circa 35,000 miles, GT pack - nice cars but didn't click for me in regards to price and condition. I also managed to drive a yellow GT4 from Nissan in Slough. They wanted way more than my budget can stretch but was the best way of seeing if the driving experience is for me, and for the little drive I did have in a busy Slough I can say it is.

Now just a matter of viewing more cars, understanding what's out there for the money and selling my Clio...

I also managed to drive a yellow GT4 from Nissan in Slough. They wanted way more than my budget can stretch but was the best way of seeing if the driving experience is for me, and for the little drive I did have in a busy Slough I can say it is.

If it's looking like a possible, remember it's a buyers market, bargin with the seller. ;);)

I also managed to drive a yellow GT4 from Nissan in Slough. They wanted way more than my budget can stretch but was the best way of seeing if the driving experience is for me, and for the little drive I did have in a busy Slough I can say it is.

If it's looking like a possible, remember it's a buyers market, bargin with the seller. ;);)

Thanks for the thought but at £15,989 talked of yesterday and only £4.5K p/x for mine it is a looong way from my budget. I'm sure they could start dropping that but if I wanted a GT4 in yellow I'd ask Gixxer (nicely!) to have a good look at another one for me and start from their £12,995 starting price for what is a lower mileage car.

I think a silver UK car, GT pack, Rays and under 40K miles is what I'm looking for - but who knows what might come up!