Hello everybody!

RB84

Hi guys, I'd like your thoughts on a couple of cars I potentially have on the go please;

2003 '53', Gunmetal, GT, Rays, Parking Sensors, Alezan leather, Bluetooth, Nismo exhaust & gear lever, 30K miles, £11K

2004 '54' Gunmetal, GT, Rays, Parking Sensors, Alezan leather, Bluetooth, 15K miles, approx. £11K

So what are your thoughts on these two cars? Is the Nismo exhaust expensive to purchase and fit? Are they good deals or are people finding better?

Thanks for your help,

Rich

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nismo exhaust was about £900 but think the price has just gone up.

One thing to watch, if they are from dealers they sometimes get confuded and forget to mention they are imports, check the rear plate.

Having said that these prices sound ok. 15k miles is very low :)

If they are advertised on the net you can post up links if you want,

The nismo exhaust was about £900 but think the price has just gone up.

One thing to watch, if they are from dealers they sometimes get confuded and forget to mention they are imports, check the rear plate.

Having said that these prices sound ok. 15k miles is very low :)

If they are advertised on the net you can post up links if you want,

Thanks for that. I have seen the one with the Nismo today and will be seeing the 54 plate tomorrow. If £11K seems like a good price then I will be very tempted to grab one of them but obv don't want to jump into it...

Decisions, decisions... :)

Hi guys, I'd like your thoughts on a couple of cars I potentially have on the go please;

2003 '53', Gunmetal, GT, Rays, Parking Sensors, Alezan leather, Bluetooth, Nismo exhaust & gear lever, 30K miles, £11K

2004 '54' Gunmetal, GT, Rays, Parking Sensors, Alezan leather, Bluetooth, 15K miles, approx. £11K

So what are your thoughts on these two cars? Is the Nismo exhaust expensive to purchase and fit? Are they good deals or are people finding better?

Thanks for your help,

Rich

Do you have any links for these?

:)

that seems v good with those miles, uk car ? fsh ?

Yep UK car, Full Nissan History, already HPI checked and everything looks fine so will be taking a look today. I think I might move for it if it all feels OK. Thanks for the feedback! :thumbs:

that seems v good with those miles, uk car ? fsh ?

Yep UK car, Full Nissan History, already HPI checked and everything looks fine so will be taking a look today. I think I might move for it if it all feels OK. Thanks for the feedback! :thumbs:

try and find out if the brake pads have been changed, if not i would budget to change these all round (not too costly, did mine with ebc redstuff for £100), the oem ones can tend to disintergrate with age :thumbs:

Well I've been and seen the '54' plate and to cut a long story short it didn't feel right and I left it. Offer of £11K was accepted but I couldn't be sure on it and no matter how good a deal it seemed, without that confidence it made sense to walk away. A shame but all good learning I suppose!

Here's the link to it btw;

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/724191.htm

It could be a genuine car and I've missed out on a great deal but that's something I have to accept. The unanswered questions were enough to cause doubt in my mind.

your gut is a very good sense when it comes to buying cars.

i've walked away before, not feeling sure about a car, did an HPI check and found out it was a CAT D.

couldn't tell you how i knew it wasn't right, but for some reason, my gut knew.

so what was the unanswered question

Hey guys,

Well there were a few bits. We were told that both rear tyres were changed at the same time in Feb and the rear right was massively more worn than the left. The owner couldn't shed anymore light on it at all, and had no receipts etc to confirm the fact. So that was a little one but not the end of the world.

The Tax had run out at the end of last month and hasn't been renewed. There had been no mention of this previously and he had been out driving the car before he turned up back at home for us to view the car (we had turned up early as roads were clear). When questioned he admitted it was SORN. So that dents confidence in the guy really.

He also mentioned that he was comfortable for us to pay cash and drive it away today. Would he have ever told us it wasn't taxed?? I'm not so sure.

With it app being a 'second car' and always stored in a garage it didn't seem in as good nick as I thought it would for 15K miles use. So all in all it didn't feel right.

There were other bits about the conversation that didn't seem right, especially as he mentioned another guy had offered £11K last night, had accepted £50 deposit off of him and he hadn't told us about that when we checked it was still available. He didn't have a good reason for turning that down and selling to us other than we had apparently made contact before this other guy...

So I walked away. I hope that might help some other people. As said, it might be a genuine car and I'm reading too much into it, but I'd rather be totally comfortable with an investment like this.